Jumping back on the MFP wagon again...

Options
ricomincia
ricomincia Posts: 230 Member
edited July 2019 in Getting Started
Well all was going well until I dropped off the MFP wagon what a couple of years ago... seemed to have acummulated 10kgs which I need to really shift and my sugar levels are all over the place (type 2 diabetic) and need to get sorted out....

Any others fallen off the wagon? Anyone starting out again? Feel free to add me and lets get this sorted once and for all and develop and keep those lifestyle changes in place!!!!! :)

Have a great day all!

Replies

• Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was on for 4 months- worked well for me without exercise as I have health issues and I was losing an average of a pound a week. Then I took a week's break for mental reasons which became a "I'll start back tomorrow" attitude as I reached for the next handful of crisps...Amazingly, I've only put on a few pounds (could have been worse) in the past errant 3 months. But I could have been 12lbs closer to my end goal by now. I've 20lbs to lose to get mid-bmi. Just started back this week.
  • ricomincia
    ricomincia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words! :)

Absolutely agree on logging definitely the key... makes you accountable which is what I need...

The key for me is making it a lifestyle change and making it stick. Need to cut out processes foods were possible because they really don't help me! Clean food and exercise is the way forward... anyway Day 2... :D
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.. :)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    It happens. I lost a lot of weight through an expensive program, and then more when I found MFP back around 2012. I made some dumb choices, work got busy and stressful, and I fell back into old habits and gained it all back. I came back in January and have been slowly taking it all back off again.