What is the best compliment you have ever received?

Options
laprimaJenny
laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
We’ve all given and received compliments and praise, but certain ones tend to stand out from the rest. Sometimes it’s not simply what was said but it’s what you needed to hear in that moment.

Please feel free to share those moments that stood out to you.

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    My sixth grade teacher wrote in my autograph album, “A bright, articulate girl - now if you’d only get organized!” I knew I was disorganized but it was the first time anyone had told me my strengths in specific terms. Thank you, Mrs. Vargas.
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I’ve always felt small and a guy from my dads work at a cookout said it looked like I was a pretty big guy like I had some size to me:) I know it sounds lame but it made me feel good.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    I remember like two years ago I was in the mall and this little girl was pointing at me and smiling saying, “princess, princess” to her mum 😂😂 I know it sounds so silly but it really made me so happy and I almost cried

Well, you do have that lovely hair and sparkly eyes and a sort of magical look about you. ❤️
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Also: “cute onion”
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    The one and only time I've ever gotten complimented at work, for how far I've come with my weight loss. By far, the best compliment I've ever received. Bar none.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    These are so great, I love reading them!

"you're the smartest person I know" - I have heard this in wildly different situations from very different people and it is by far my favorite.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    What a great Mom your Daughter is :)
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    My favorite compliments are about my personality, because it's not something I can change. I have been a sarcastic, moody jerk since birth, so if someone thinks I'm smart or funny, I'm like OMG I LOVE YOU.

I love that kind of sense of humor. Though it does take me a bit, to realize folks like you are actually joking.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    "Sarah's effing hilarious!"
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    " Well..... you're not a complete *kitten*. "