Stomach weight loss tips?

Options
As the title says lol is there any tips anyone has for loosing weight around the mid section? That’s the only place I need to loose and it’s frustrating I’ve recently started going to the gym 3 times a week. So is it just a case of wait and see or is there something else I should be doing

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    The only way you can lose stomach weight is by continuing to be in a calorie deficit, and losing fat because of it. You can pick and choose where your body loses weight. For a lot of people, the stomach seems to be the last place to go.

While the gym is good, and working out your core will develop muscles under the fat, it won't help with burning any stomach fat beyond helping with your calorie deficit.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention anything about tracking your calories. Are your currently managing your calories with the same vigor as your workout plan? Depending on your goals, eating at maintenance and doing recomp could be for you, OR general weight loss fitness.

There's no way to target a specifc area for fat loss, but a calorie deficit and thoughtful fitness plan can sure help.
  • eddied38
    eddied38 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If that's the only weight you have to lose, then it will be the only weight you lose. That's how it works. Just keep going.
  • Bainesy26
    Bainesy26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! Yeah I’ve literally just started keeping track of calories etc
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lose more wt/fat.

For most men, stomach fat is the last to go.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Stomach fat is usually the last to go for most people. For me I lose weight in my legs first and stomach last. So frustrating
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    As others have said... you lose stomach fat the same way you lose other fat. If it's being stubborn, you just need to be more patient/consistent. Unfortunately there's no magic to it.
  • joey32411
    joey32411 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    Stomach fat is usually the last to go for most people. For me I lose weight in my legs first and stomach last. So frustrating

Tell that to my thunder thighs! :D They didn't get the memo.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    They say abs are made in the kitchen. It's not too far away from being accurate.