68 years old and finally hit bottom...ready to lose weight....

Hi!....I have finally decided to get my excess weight off and get back in control....I need support,inspiration and good conversation....I have already lost 21 pounds since the end of May....

Replies

• Fit4David
    Fit4David Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Connie - great job, that’s a huge accomplishment. I am 66 years old and also hit rock bottom and knew I needed to lose weight. I lost my son 16 months ago (he was 38), and for a year I was just lost in a sea of grief. I didn’t leave my recliner except to eat and I packed on over 60 pounds and didn’t care, nothing made sense to me. Finally last April my body started to give me clear signals that I could continue on my road to dying or I could start living again. I have lost 42 pounds since April without really dieting. I eat what I want but when I hit 1200 calories, that’s it, I stop eating for the day. Seems to be working for me, what do you find works for you? - my name is Darlene
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Welcome! Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each sub-forum, lots of great info there. Good luck :drinker:
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Great!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Thanks everyone....one day at a time....this is a journey back to good health!
  • davemacdonald31
    davemacdonald31 Posts: 196 Member
    You can friend me up if you wish