Protein

Options
I'm not a big meat eater. I love chicken and any kind of fish, but not in big quantities. I eat feta and cottage cheese, eggs and plain Greek yogurt. I'm not a big bean eater...so, my question is...what suggestions do you have for me to eat to boost my protein. Also, it seems like low caloric snacks that I like are high in sodium, e.g. pickles, tomato juice, sunflower seeds. I love to drink water. If I eat a lot of sodium, I'll retain water, right? What do ya say?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    About how much protein are you typically getting, and how much more are you aiming for?

Other than protein shakes/bars, you've named pretty much all the usual suspects to boost protein as already in your diet, other than beans and lentils.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options
    Here's the Protein chart thread.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also/p1

I eat lots of salt. Unless you have a medical reason to not eat salt, then you'll probably just drink more to make up for it. The body is pretty good at self-regulating that.
  • CharlotteHotcakes
    CharlotteHotcakes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I didn't mention, I make my own whey protein shakes and also my own protein bars. Ya know, now that I write this all down, I'm probably getting plenty. And like cmriverside says, I don't have any medical issues and I do drink lots and lots of water. Thank you!