Replies

• TammyGermiller
    TammyGermiller Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. I changed my diary settings
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I'll ad my voice to the posts above addressing the volume logging (cups, teaspoons, etc). It's a very inaccurate way to log and you can find yourself eating far more calories than you think. Getting a scale and weighting everything will more than likely address the problems your experiencing.

I noticed something that I think worth noting. Be honest with your logging.

I noticed a few really strange entries where you logged very odd amounts 1.13 cups or 12.5 crackers to achieve perfectly rounded calories. It appears that you might be tweaking the amounts your logging in order to achieve a desired calorie total. Log the real values regardless of the calories they give you.

There were a few days (Friday stands out the most) where your logging appears incomplete. You need to log everything you eat to get an accurate picture. The good, the bad and the ugly, everything needs to get logged and accounted for.

I'm sure if you get a kitchen scale and start to log honestly, accurately and completely you'll start to see results.
  • ginamcmichael
    ginamcmichael Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    30 days in low carb. Watching my macros and exercising. I have joint issues so I do cardio pool 2xs a week pretty hard. This exhausts me. Recovering from cancer treatment from 3 years ago. So how much have I lost? NOTHING. I have been almost perfect with my eating. I am so disgusted. Need to lose at least 30 pounds. Yes, I am drinking water. Yes, I have tried keto. Yes, I have tried intermittent fasting. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

• lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Use a tape measure instead of the scale to assess your progress.

I was going to say this, use a tape measure and photos to evaluate how different clothes are fitting on you. You might see more of a difference. I may not have lost weight for 2 weeks...but I can now see an definition and my pants are not as tight. I can also go faster, longer, and have much more resistance on my workouts in the past few months too...Use different indicators of success.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    lg013 wrote: »
    oh my posts are woo ed all the time - even the most innocuous ones.

There are some woo happy and I'm sure flag happy readers here.

Maybe somebody skim read post (very skim read!! ) and thought your links were to advertising sites??

Oh no is the “Woo” bad? I thought it was like a “woohoo!!” A level greater than like. I now feel terrible for all the posts I “woo”’d!

Woo is sort of a 'that post is nonsense' emoticon.

Is as a whole thread on it somewhere.

most confusing and misused and misundersood emoticon IMO.

• lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Maybe somebody skim read post (very skim read!! ) and thought your links were to advertising sites??

Oh no is the “Woo” bad? I thought it was like a “woohoo!!” A level greater than like. I now feel terrible for all the posts I “woo”’d!

Oh god what have I done! Thanks for the info so I stop seeing that as “woohoo!”
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I also have joint issues. I track calories, use a food scale, I eat a plant based diet. I've been on it for a month and a half and have lost about 9 pounds. I do light exercise but mostly creating a calories deficit by eat unprocessed nutrient rich foods on Dr. Greger's daily dozen check list. :)
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Don't worry. I usually see a woo as a badge of honour. More often than not those seem to be from people who disagree with me but can't find scientifically valid arguments :D
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options

If you reclick on the posts that you woo'd, the Woo will go away. You can also click on something else, like Like, and that will remove your Woo as well.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress too much. People tend to disregard if a post gets a few woo's as it's assumed to be either someone like yourself who misunderstood what it was for or someone getting their feelings hurt because the truth being posted goes against their incorrect beliefs.

It's when a post gets slammed with loads of woo's that the woo flag starts to take on it's intended meaning
  • TammyGermiller
    TammyGermiller Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I wish I could figure out how to respond to specific posts. Thank you everyone for your input. Getting a scale. Been seeing a naturopath. He thinks I need a really good detox because of all the load in my system. Going to do that and start weighing my food. The nuts in my log are exactly to size. Trader Joe’s individually bagged. Can not control myself so I have to do that 🤪