Too Sick for Food

Options
Terytha
Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
This is just a mini rant.

I have a choice. I can eat nothing, or I can eat small amounts of cake. Everything else hurts and makes me feel like I'm dying.

I've pre-logged my usual food for today but the more I think about it, the more I want to throw up. Even water feels intolerable.

God. I hate being sick.

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Keep hydrated.. lots of fluid..

Typically I have some soup (chicken noodle) when I'm sick and can't eat.
  • shrinking_amazonian
    shrinking_amazonian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sorry you aren't feeling well!

I vote for listening to your body and taking it easy on the food if you can't stomach it - just make sure you stay as hydrated as you can. :smile:
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I agree, listen to your body. It will tell you what it needs.

Feel better.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Do what you need to do. I usually eat saltines.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    If the only food you can eat is cake then eat that for now. Good luck to you. <3
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor?

I had problems with many foods. you could look into Histamine intolerance, Salicylate intolerance, Oxalate Intolerance, there are other intolerances, true allergies and even Candida to consider.

Digestion can behave in mad ways and often needs guidance/direction/advice to get back onto the right track. Using Digestive microbes helped me greatly but it is not the whole story. I have also used digestive enzymes. With digestive issues such as your own I would suggest seeking out a Functional Practitioner because its way too complicated for us to treat for ourselves and with the deepest respect Modern Western Medicine, has too many prescriptive ideas.

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    Keep hydrated.. lots of fluid..

Typically I have some soup (chicken noodle) when I'm sick and can't eat.

I agree, hydration is most important, your fat stores are there for times like these. Since you're not really eating much, getting extra hydration is important because we do get quite a bit of hydration from food as well as regular drinking.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    Have you seen a doctor?

I had problems with many foods. you could look into Histamine intolerance, Salicylate intolerance, Oxalate Intolerance, there are other intolerances, true allergies and even Candida to consider.

Digestion can behave in mad ways and often needs guidance/direction/advice to get back onto the right track. Using Digestive microbes helped me greatly but it is not the whole story. I have also used digestive enzymes. With digestive issues such as your own I would suggest seeking out a Functional Practitioner because its way too complicated for us to treat for ourselves and with the deepest respect Modern Western Medicine, has too many prescriptive ideas.

Dude. It was just the stomach flu.

🤣

That's funny response.. internet points for ya. Feel better.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    ✔️hydration, Gatorade or pedialite
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Other than water or ginger ale, my go-to has always been chicken broth. Hydration and some bonus salt replenishment.

I add rice once I'm ready for some bland solids.

Feel better soon!