WAG or Black Iron?

robingmurphy
robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
edited July 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I'd like to hire a nutrition coach. I think the accountability will help me, as long as the added advice and problem solving. I'm looking at Working Against Gravity or Black Iron Nutrition. Any opinion on one being better? What are the differences? Recommendations?

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Dunno about that particular one as have never seen it before. In my personal experience, I have preferred coaches who have given me flexible dieting options - as in they work with me with my macros, not a meal plan of chicken and broccoli.

The one time I had a chicken and broccoli coach sucked balls.

I did start off with a coach who gave me meal plans, but she was very good - she gave me options to choose from for each meal, not 1 rigid you must eat x every single day, and eventually, as time passed, she started to also educate me on macros and so on so that I could transition from meal plan to IIFYM to eventually the goal is intuitive eating - but I intuitively eat way more than I should so yeah - haven't quite mastered that bit yet LOL!

as in - I know what to do and how to do it but I make excuses and eat like an idiot instead when i'm being "inutitive"
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    I also don't know those particular two, but I'd recommend checking their qualifications. Make sure you get someone who's a registered dietitian, not just a nutritionist. Dietitians actually have legitimate medical training and certification, while pretty much anyone can call themselves a nutritionist most places. You might be able to get a dietitian covered by insurance as well. Mine covers 4 visits per year, for instance.