Too much fat (macros)?

Options
2»

Replies

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    steak bagel meal with a burrito on the side and oj from mcdonalds is around 1200... ask me how i know.. :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    The mfp calorie goal is before purposeful exercise. You are supposed to log your exercise and eat back at least some of those calories. It also depends on how aggressive a goal you pick, and the most aggressive goal isn't appropriate for everyone. Having said that, any calculator is just a starting point, many people will have to tweak up or down based on their real world results to get the right number :smile:

Yeah, so saying "I would only be able to eat 1250 calories a day" means exercise calories should already be part of it, right? Which makes 1250 seem even lower, particularly for a very active person. Pardon my ignorance, I'm new to all of this, and often I'm not sure what people mean when they post numbers like this.

The calorie goal it starts you at everyday, is before exercise.

After logging exercise, it will add calories to your daily goal.

Example: My daily calories goal is set to 1400. If I wake up, workout, burn 200 calories. My calorie goal changed to like 1500 or 1600 for me to consume for that day. Not sure how much it calculates to eat back... But daily calories you're expected to eat go up after logging a workout that burns calories.

So 1250, does not include the calories to eat back for workout.

Hope that makes sense!

Yeah, I get that. I'm just saying when someone says "I eat 1250 calories a day" or whatever number, I assume that that's what the person actually eats, as opposed to saying "My target calories is 1250 calories," which most likely means before exercise.

But it's okay, everything good, it's just semantics. Thanks for all the replies. :smile:

I still want to see what a 1250 cal breakfast looks like, though...

You're assuming someone who says that is using MFP as intended. There are plenty of users who either jump in without reading anything, or misunderstand how mfp gets your calorie goal, and don't figure in their exercise. If a user doesn't understand how it works, and chooses an aggressive goal on top of that, then it will seem like mfp is telling them to eat way too little.

It's both a pro and a con of mfp that it's highly customizable. It's great if you know what you're doing but it can be confusing and even dangerous if you don't. So threads where all the different possibilities are discussed and asked about are good :smiley:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    The mfp calorie goal is before purposeful exercise. You are supposed to log your exercise and eat back at least some of those calories. It also depends on how aggressive a goal you pick, and the most aggressive goal isn't appropriate for everyone. Having said that, any calculator is just a starting point, many people will have to tweak up or down based on their real world results to get the right number :smile:

Yeah, so saying "I would only be able to eat 1250 calories a day" means exercise calories should already be part of it, right? Which makes 1250 seem even lower, particularly for a very active person. Pardon my ignorance, I'm new to all of this, and often I'm not sure what people mean when they post numbers like this.

The calorie goal it starts you at everyday, is before exercise.

After logging exercise, it will add calories to your daily goal.

Example: My daily calories goal is set to 1400. If I wake up, workout, burn 200 calories. My calorie goal changed to like 1500 or 1600 for me to consume for that day. Not sure how much it calculates to eat back... But daily calories you're expected to eat go up after logging a workout that burns calories.

So 1250, does not include the calories to eat back for workout.

Hope that makes sense!

Yeah, I get that. I'm just saying when someone says "I eat 1250 calories a day" or whatever number, I assume that that's what the person actually eats, as opposed to saying "My target calories is 1250 calories," which most likely means before exercise.

But it's okay, everything good, it's just semantics. Thanks for all the replies. :smile:

I still want to see what a 1250 cal breakfast looks like, though...

She was most likely referring to 1250 calories net, which do not include exercise calories, as opposed to 1250 calories gross, which do.