Physical challenge goals

Options
Anyone got any physical challenges they've set themselves? I've just signed up for the local 10k. It's only in 6 weeks so I'm going to suffer but I need something concrete to work towards. I was meant to train for a full marathon in October but there's not going to be time starting from scratch now (depression was keeping me from exercising at all). Hopefully, I can use it as a springboard to train consistently over Autumn/ Winter and think about a half-marathon in the spring.

Replies

• maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to complete a full marathon since February of 2018...I had my first stress fracture and they just keep coming back.
    I'm almost done with a near 6 month break from running (no pun intended-heh...fracture...break...get it-I digress), and hope to complete my first full marathon next year...
    Of course there will be many 5k, 10k and half marathon races before that time. Probably fall of next year...we'll see.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Sahale and Forbidden Peaks.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Yes - this past weekend decided that next year I'm going to be on the pro race grid. That means my fitness (cardio, strength, and muscle endurance) all will need to be at a point of being able to sustain that pace for ~40 minutes without getting gassed out. And be able to recover quickly enough to repeat that again the next day, probably at a faster pace.

There's a lot of hard work between now and then to get to that point, but I know how to do it, and something "clicked" that this is no longer a "when I'm ready/faster/etc" thing, but it is happening.