What’s your favorite macro and why?

gallicinvasion
gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
edited July 2019 in Chit-Chat
Let’s see if there’s a general consensus. Don’t overthink it; just go with your gut 😂

My favorite is FAT because it’s FRIKKIN DELICIOUS. Peanut butter, avocados, and buttercream frosting are three of my most-cherished food-groups.

Replies

• steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    So I'm going to challenge you a bit here and say what you actually love is a creamy, rich mouth feel. Buttercream frosting is actually higher carb than fat and would you have the same love for pork rinds, olive oil, pork belly or tuna belly, cheese, chips, pie crust, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, chia seeds, salmon and so on. Of course almost no food is fat or any macro in isolation.
  • gallicinvasion
    edited July 2019
    fernt21 wrote: »
    So I'm going to challenge you a bit here and say what you actually love is a creamy, rich mouth feel. Buttercream frosting is actually higher carb than fat and would you have the same love for pork rinds, olive oil, pork belly or tuna belly, cheese, chips, pie crust, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, chia seeds, salmon and so on. Of course almost no food is fat or any macro in isolation.

Of course, I think what you say makes sense (especially with the buttercream which is like half butter half sugar 😂) and I think I love when you throw salt and sugar to make the fat taste POP (like I love peanut butter because the salt and sweetness add awesomeness to the fats, and I love avocado with tons of black pepper and a bit of salt.). And of course I know foods are not usually all one macro.

But I definitely go over default fat percentages every day, and a little under my protein and a lot under my carbs, because I tend to gravitate more towards nuts, fattier meat like chicken thighs, and creamy sauces in my overall food choices. And I do also love olive oil, fatty pork, cheese, pie crust, sesame oil, and salmon. So I still think fats are my favorite macro.

Again, let’s not overthink this. We generally know what foods are fattier than most, what foods are carb-ier than most, and what foods are protein-ier than most. And we generally have Feelings towards certain macros. So let’s name those Feelings 😂

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Carbs. As refined as possible... breads, candy, baked goods...
  • gallicinvasion
    My theory is that no one actually likes protein the best; we are just forced to get our protein goals first out of necessity 😂
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Carbs because fruit and rice!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Fat. Because it's delicious!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Protein. I could easily live on meat, eggs, cheese.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    I’m going to have to go with carbs. Candy and bread are life.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Blackened-Fish-Tacos-Creamy-Avocado-Sauce-foodiecrush.com-012.jpg

maybe not exactly a macro.... but I don't care; they're a favorite by any name at all.
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    Fat is the most delicious but all my favorite foods are carb heavy. Would be nice if we could do a high carb high fat low protein split 😂
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    My favorite macro is the one for repeated melee attacks because it saves me from pain