Absolutely freaking out 6kg gain in a week!

So a week ago I weighed myself and I was 75kg. I’ve been through some major stress recently physically and mentally. Transitioning off a self-applied vlcd diet since Jan into an incredibly active job that didn’t work out so down to stay with a friend two weeks ago. They are plaht-based and incredibly healthy so have been eating whatever they feed me which is well within acceptable calorie limits and shouldn’t Increase body fat as I’m working out daily as well. The only difference is I have pms for the first time since I started my vlcd (haven’t had my period since feb). I look fatter in my face abd my pants are tighter. Is it possible I’ve gained that much in one week???

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    it’s water weight. Those extreme fluctuations are much more common after coming off VLCD, so perhaps the big take away from this is that VLCD is not the answer.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks all. I have a healthy relationship with food but was just upset by the scales as I didn’t understand. I appreciate your time. Also VLCDs are a bad idea. Especially when you’re not obese in the first place. It was medically related as I was trying to self-heal myself under advice from a friend. Just made it worse but got better naturally anyway.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    No need to freak out :)

oaicnapqyrvo.png
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    My friend suggested I go on a vlcd to heal myself by theoretically switching my body off then back in again. I tried it and low and behold got sick from that more than the original illness that went aaay naturally anyway. So lesson learnt.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    There exist doctors. I've heard of them inducing a coma and reviving people. I wouldn't try that at home to cure my toe nail fungus.

VLCDs mess with your hormones.
    Periods mess with your hormones.

Hormones mess with your water weight.

Exercise messes with your water weight too.

• kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    The graph here is pretty much what mine is at the moment. A couple of ups and downs, but essentially still losing weight. Just mimicking the others here, but yeah, you're fine. It's quite normal for people's weight to go up and down somewhat randomly, particularly if you're female.