Scared to regain

Options
So I just got back from a study abroad in Spain- like most, i gained while I was away. Not a lot, but enough to make me feel very uncomfortable in my body.I was living with a host family and didn't have a huge amount of control over what kind of food I was putting into myself (I didn't buy the groceries!). I got home about a month ago, and was finally able to get back on track- I've been eating really well and doing hot yoga and 30DS and some running and have lost 5 pounds.

. However I'm moving away again ( to France this time) in a couple weeks, and I'm very scared I will gain again like last year. My schedule will be more flexible, so I should be able to work out more, but I'm very nervous about the food. Living abroad is like being on an extended vacation, and I don't want to fall off the band wagon again.

This is all a little lengthy and jumbled, but I'm just looking for an outsider's opinion, and some tips for anyone who has lost or maintained while abroad, or ever just after moving away!

Please help! I love the changes I'm beginning to see, and I want them to continue!

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I've definitely never been in that boat! But if I were you, my plan of attack would be to fill up on fresh fruits and veggies whenever possible and be mindful of serving sizes when it comes to high calorie foods like breads, sauces, and cheeses. Eat and enjoy the food - it's one of my favorite parts about visiting some place new! You may also want to learn about the eating habits in France. Lots of countries and cultures have unique views when it comes to food, moderation, and healthy eating, and it might give you some insight into how to eat typical, local fare without undoing your hard work.
    Good luck, and have fun!
    :smile: