Exhausted

Options
Hiya,

I was just wondering if anyone else finds having to watch what you eat all the time really exhausting?? 😂 I always feel this app makes me feel so guilty if I don’t update what I’ve eaten that day. I’m trying to limit my calories but I find it so difficult to stay between 1000-1400 calories a day because I love food. For dinner on Saturday I had a wrap and I read the calories for the wrap itself (no chicken or lettuce added) and felt horrible whilst making it because it seems like I was just adding more fat and calories into my body so I just ate what I was putting into the wrap and threw the wrap away. I still really want to achieve my goal but I’m finding it so tricky to stay on top of it when I just really really want a McDonalds or a Chinese or a pizza on occasion😂

Thank you!! :)

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    join the club, it is hard for everyone. I do eat at Mcdonalds but count those calories. Like I have heard on here many times pick your hard, it is hard being fat, it is hard watching your weight. I get a small burger sometimes with big mac sauce, salad, chicken tenders, ice cream cone, bacon, eggs. I eat chicken wrapped in lettuce. I love McDonalds.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'm not a fan of logging and tracking my intake. It didn't agree with me and my lifestyle and started to lead to an unhealthy mindset and really started to get to me. I have developed tricks and habits to get around it and it works for me. However this might not work with others who have to keep logging to control their weight. You have to find what works best for you.
  • Marisa_robertson
    Marisa_robertson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I started at the gym, the trainer said start with 1400 calories and now I think I’m actually just starting to lose interest in food cause it’s now becoming so much of an effort
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Might be time to reevaluate your goals. For me, it was worth slowing my loss to ensure I had enough calories for some treats. 1000 calories is pretty low for anyone. MFP didn't give you that number, so how did you come up with it?

• minecraftwizard1011
    minecraftwizard1011 Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Relatable! Good progress takes so much time and a really low calorie limit was too much for me. I upgraded my calories some (1,200 to 1,380) and I feel better. I guess I’d suggest then upping your calorie limit a bit or taking a bit more rest. Weight loss shouldn’t drain you THAT much! Additionally, if you want to add my as a friend, that would be pretty great!
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    [

[/quote]

Trainers are often not great at the food part of losing weight, especially if they don't have additional certifications.

Why not set your account up here, choose a low rate of loss (like 0.5lbs per week), and just eat the food you like within your calorie goal? If you are working to build muscle at the gym, maybe just try to hit a protein goal too. I lost weight slowly and got more fit eating @ 1500-1600 cals and eating pizza, fast food, ice cream occasionally.

Calories aren't bad, they're fuel for your body to run on. Fat isn't bad - it's necessary for all sorts of functions in your body. If your trainer is making you feel differently, the problem is with them. [/quote]

Agree with this. There are all kinds of good fats ... make them your friends. Avocados, for me, are a food high in fat and also high in calories, but healthy beyond measure. This is a process of finding what works for you. I also agree with many others that said 1000 calories is 'way too little. You can't survive on that so no wonder you are feeling discouraged. I have never heard of anything under 1200 ... try setting up your account here and see what it says. You probably need more calories, not less.
    A note about trainers: I have been fortunate to have had a very good one for two years before I started to work out on my own. He checked with my doctor before we worked. He never gave me calorie amounts b/c he knew I was working with MFP and thought that was the way to go. Trainers aren't doctors. Some are truly excellent. But in the long run, you have to figure out what works for you and go for it.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I don't log or count calories for the simple fact it is draining and makes eating a drag instead of a. delight

. I still lost my weight by changing my eating habits and exercise. I have a routine and it works for me. I didn't want to have to depend on counting every single bite of food I put In my mouth forever. Gosh, it makes me exhausted just writing that.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I take it with only 4 posts you are new to logging? it really does get quicker/easier and its so worth it.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I got tired of weighing and logging but eventually it became so routine that it wasn't so bad. But then I fix my own food (and everyone else's lol). Summer's super easy because supper is a grilled meat of some sort and a salad, and I basically eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch, if I have lunch. All of that being said, there have been times during the past 5 years that I've not bothered to weigh every last thing every single time, and the world has not come to an end.
  • Addictead
    Addictead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I got tired of counting because it started to feel like a dictator, I'd log in the morning and would feel like I couldn't change anything even if it's as simple as a bowl of cherries replacing some melon. Now I just use it as back up to "make sure" but really just eat whatever I feel like in approximately the right portions, Like I still weigh nut butters/meats/cheese and if I only have 300 left I'm not eating more than one slice of pizza. Just that kind of stuff without feeling bad about it

Most days are fine, Once in awhile I missjudge but usually don't overeat maintaince at worse because I roughly know how my meals\snacks stack up.
  • brottishluv
    brottishluv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think that once it's a habit it's fun and something I look forward to. It won't be hard after a while.