Fruit Diet

I want to know what happen to my body if I eat fruits in dinner instead of regular dinner which includes roti, Indian vegetables etc?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    You can time your meals however you want. Make sure you get enough calories (especially fat and protein) during the day.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    You would get fed up eventually and hungry
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I LOVE fruit more than the average person, so I have it for dessert after every well-balanced meal.

But to answer what would happen? You’d wake up, take a big poo and be hungry.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    You would get fed up eventually and hungry

Why would you get hungry if you ate just fruit for one meal, in this case dinner?

And if you did, you could have a snack after dinner if you had enough calories left in the day - just like you could after any dinner.

And if you get fed up with it, just change to other foods for that meal. It doesn't have to be forever.

But that may or may not happen - if you like fruit and are a person of habit, you might just keep having it.

Almost every working day I have 3 weetbix for breakfast - it isn't fruit but it is same thing over and over. Been having that for years. Not fed up with it yet.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited July 2019
    I want to know what happen to my body if I eat fruits in dinner instead of regular dinner which includes roti, Indian vegetables etc?

Is this a one time occurrence or do you intend to eat only fruit from now on? If this is one time nothing really bad will happen. If you intend to make fruit your only source of nutrition you would have to list what you intend to eat because this type of diet could kill you.

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    OP...try it and see if it works for you. If not...you can always do something different. I don't know why people think that whatever we do today means that we have to do that for life. Enjoy experimenting with different ways of eating...try new things...explore the world of food and nutrition.

I eat between 11am and 7pm...2 larger meals and 1 small. About 3pm I almost always have different fruits and a cup of yogurt. I am happy with that meal for now but that might change one day. If I get tired of eating it I can always change.

When I quit worrying about all the rules and what other people are doing is when I found losing weight easier. I make sure that my meals are well balanced at the end of the day but as far as when, what and where I eat was designed for my needs and desires. If it quits working I will change it.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    OP never said he only wanted to eat fruit all day, every day, from now on... he just asked about one meal a day.

As others have said, as long as you are getting different nutrients from the rest of your meals throughout the day, and meeting your calorie goals, I don't see anything wrong with it.

I eat 3 or 4 times a day, and often one of those meals consists of fruit only. I never had any issues, never felt hungry or dissatisfied afterwards. I suppose it all comes down to personal preference.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    GummiMundi wrote: »
    OP never said he only wanted to eat fruit all day, every day, from now on... he just asked about one meal a day.

As others have said, as long as you are getting different nutrients from the rest of your meals throughout the day, and meeting your calorie goals, I don't see anything wrong with it.

I eat 3 or 4 times a day, and often one of those meals consists of fruit only. I never had any issues, never felt hungry or dissatisfied afterwards. I suppose it all comes down to personal preference.

It was pretty unclear what the OP meant so I think most people just guessed at it.
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    I eat 2 meals per day, one of them is fruit only (the last month or so it's been watermelon - about a kilo each time). I get the rest of my nutrients from my evening meal. It's not done me any harm (I had full blood tests done just last week).
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    I have fruit for meals sometimes, I like it and sometimes it just fits in calorie wise and with my schedule. I haven't seen any ill effects from fruit meals.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I LOVE fruit more than the average person, so I have it for dessert after every well-balanced meal.

But to answer what would happen? You’d wake up, take a big poo and be hungry.

I was going to mention the effect of lots of fiber, glad you beat me to it.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    GummiMundi wrote: »

It was pretty unclear what the OP meant so I think most people just guessed at it.

OP seems to have left the building anyway. Two days later and no replies.

A big bowl of fruit with half a pint of Enlightened on top is a pretty common snack for me, but I don't think that's what OP had in mind.