Going on vacation....

Options
So... I'm going on vacation to visit my mom in Houston next week. I'm leaving my Jillian Michaels video here for my workout partner. I believe I will be taking my Biggest Loser Cardio Max tho. I do have a question for all of you. I am definitely starting to get some definition in my muscles, but, they're covered in flubber! :sad:
While I'm in Houston, I want to step it up. My Momma has a pool. So, my question is... do I jog (And hope I don't get lost) or swim? I'm not worried about being out of breath... it will do me good! I quit smoking almost 2 months ago, and it would do me good to get some of that gunk out of there!! LOL
Let me know what you guys think! I'm open to all suggestions.

Replies

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    You can jog anywhere, swim!
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    I would say swim! Mainly because it is going to be SO hot. And you may end up putting more gunk in your lungs with our lovely pollution warnings. :sick:
    But you may start out with run and then hit the pool.
  • stringcheeze
    stringcheeze Posts: 286
    Options
    Swim. It's easier on the joints, would probably involve more body parts and muscle groups than jogging, and water would provide extra resistance to your movements.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Why not do both?
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    I also vote for both. How great would a swim feel after a run?? :bigsmile:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I say swim. It's definitely an excellent workout. Jog in the pool! Jogging in Houston this time of the year outside I can't imagine being much fun. It's way too hot for me. I live in Dallas my whole life and I still wouldn't do it. Have fun on your vacation! Way to plan ahead!
  • nachoqtpie
    nachoqtpie Posts: 81
    Options
    I never thought about jogging in the pool. We live in Jacksonville NC, so, I'm used to the heat and humidity. Since I'm an hour ahead I would be waking up around 5:30 to go jog. Maybe I will just do the jogging in the pool... we will see... LOL
  • girlwillloselbs
    girlwillloselbs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I leave for my cruise in 87 days!!
    I am currently 190 lbs & I would love to be 165-170 by then.
    Any tips????
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Swimming is 0 impact and you are 30+. I would definately go that route! The calorie burns are great and anything you can do to lessen the stress on joints is a good thing. Unless you are used to it, save the running for when you get closer to your weight loss goal. Getting hurt ruins the whole thing and this is a marathon not a sprint.

Notice that the ones who said to do both are skinny!