How do I put a recipe inside a recipe?

prydings1
prydings1 Posts: 7 Member
I am creating low sodium sauces, first one is soy sauce, next is teriyaki sauce which requires soy sauce so want to put a 1/3 of cup of my soy sauce in the 2nd recipe rather than typing it all up again? can I do this?

Replies

• firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    I don't know of a way to do directly what you want to do, but I have a couple of suggestions.

You can make the second recipe a meal. I do that for things like tacos, so the "taco ground beef" is a recipe and then I can have a meal saved as "Tacos" that includes the recipe for taco ground beef, cheese, etc etc. Alternatively, you can figure out all the details of your soy sauce that you make and enter it as a food instead of as a recipe, and then use it in the second recipe.

• prydings1
    prydings1 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks seems bizarre they cant let you modify a recipe with own foods, your way works but you have to find last time you made it to add it again and its complex as you cant just look up the recipe each time, would seem a simple idea but they cant do it? Must be a program out there that can Thanks again