What are your ‘go to’ low cal meals that you eat far too regularly out of convenience?

ebony__
ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
I’ve been eating corn cruskits with tomato and cucumber for lunch every day and just know I’ll get bored of it eventually but it’s so easy and yum. Anyone else have these easy go to options the probably resort to, to often ?
Also lots of brocccoli for dinner and blueberries as snacks

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    Marinated chicken breasts in Yoshida sauce or salmon with lemon baked in the oven with half a plate of vegetables are my staples. I've also started making lentils. I switch out my veggies with each meal but in general do a veggie scramble for breakfast and large salad with tuna chicken or beans for lunch. I've been trying new recipes and veggies I've never tried to keep things interesting.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,423 Member
    Cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, orange and Diet Coke. Pretty much every day for work lunch. Add some soup or half sandwich or something sometimes.
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Greek yogurt, blueberries,soup,crackers,trimmed pork loin, skinless chicken green salad without dressing,omg I'm depressing myself☹️
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I can't think of a single thing, to be honest. I love my meals, all home made, and look forward to each one. 😀
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,408 Member
    I always said if I were rich, I’d hire someone to make me a fresh salad every day. I would never get tired of them. Finally broke down and started buying a bag of lettuce or spinach for every day of the week. That, my friends, is convenience. Today’s topping was chopped steak, strawberries and walnuts. Mmmmmmm
  • goatelope
    goatelope Posts: 178 Member
    I’ve been having 140g cod loin cooked in 5g unsalted butter, on a broad bean, pea and tomato stew quite a lot - that can come in at less than 400 calories.

For a snack I like 175g of 0% total yogurt with fruit and a teaspoon or two of honey, that’s under 200 calories.

I also do a Niçoise salad with bell pepper, tomato, olive, anchovy, egg, basil, red bell pepper and cucumber, with two tablespoons of red wine vinegar - that’s under 300 calories for a huge serving

What else... I do an ottolenghi chicken breast in schwarma spices - that’s really good grilled with a salad made with red onion, sumac, parsley and lemon juice

I love smoked trout with endive as a salad, with cucumber, dill and a tiny bit of dressing

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Meatless protein + sauce+ green vegetable. Usually, this is marinated soy curls, roasted broccoli or green beans, and whatever sauce or seasoning I feel like. A bowl of this is usually 250 calories or less, with plenty of protein and fiber (and micronutrients too).
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Breakfast almost every day: Bob's Red Mill 7-grain hot cereal with sauteed onions, eggplant, cooking greens, and curry powder.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Greek yogurt, flavored tuna fish, cake bars