Needs support!!

Options
Hello,
Im not new but I never seem to keep up with this site. I am 43 and as of this morning 317. I have a fatty liver and going through medical things. I have high bp and diabetes. Shouldnt that be enough to get my *kitten* in gear?

Trying to be healthier so far so good its 1pm! See how much longer I can go. I know Im a food addict for sure. When those thoughts get into my head Im a goner.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Hi. Try filling out the food diary a few days in advance. That way, when you get up in the morning, your meals for the day are already set up. It might help.
  • tennisquilter
    tennisquilter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, it was hard coming back to MFP after I went from a high of 303 to a brief moment at 199. After 2.5 years I returned at 279. I am now getting back in gear and taking care of myself and grateful to be 25 pounds into this health journey.
    You can get healthier. Think about WHY you want to improve your health. One thing that helps me when I am feeling blue and seeing only the negative part of me is to have a motivation song. For a long time it was Big, Blond and Beautiful and I would sing along loudly, "there is nothin bout us that's unsuitable" Now my song is This is Me. "I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies, this is me...we are glorious." I'm not taking this healthy journey because my pounds make me unsuitable , I am taking it because I deserve to be as healthy as I can be.
    You can be healthier, but I think it starts by really believing that you are a wonderful person today, and you deserve to make healthy choices.
    I also believe that its not about what you don't eat, its about all the wonderful nutritional choices you can make that will stop your hunger and be enough to fuel everything that you want to do in your busy fabulous life.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Wish you ladies would friend me....two months ago I weighed an all time high of 350....I am 67 and have struggled with being fat since I was a teen....I have lost over 100 pounds three times in my life only to gain it back after a few years...the last two months I have lost 24 pounds.....this time I am so motivated and so focused it has really not been hard to stick with it....I would love to share this journey with a few very inspired friends.....connie