One Day Challenge 07/20/10 - Small Step #1

Options
The past few weeks I've been really beating myself up (mentally) about my weight. I always sabotage myself by thinking long term BIG efforts, (eat 1,400 per day every day, lose 50 lbs, stop drinking wine all together) but this just sets me up to fail. I just want to get through 1 day...then the next, then maybe 5, then 10... and so on. So, I'm throwing out a challenge, one day only 07/20/10 - track all food in a food diary...that's it, one day, track all food/drink. Give it a try, let me know if you make it :)

Replies

• peggy1952
    peggy1952 Posts: 46
    Options
    sounds like a good plan
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    I love it! Thanks for posting this. I, too, get sidelined by the BIG picture and forget to take it just one day at a time.

I can't wait to log all my food today and feel that sucess! :flowerforyou:
  • gchick64
    gchick64 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    good luck! i love the one day challenges, it makes it seem accomplishable :) thanks.
  • thechurchlady
    Options
    I'm in!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm in!:happy:
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Great. One note - 07/20/10 is Tuesday. Today's already started, so tomorrow is the start of One Day Challenge. Use today as a practice day.
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    So far so good. I've logged my morning foods and pulled out a small notebook & pen for when I'm on the go.
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    Mines done for today but there is always tomorrow.

I add all the foods I am planning to eat for the day in the morning unless I'm going to be eating out. That way I can plan ahead the best time to take my diabetes medication (after the meals with the highest sugar and carb content). Also I'm less likely to grab something fattening if I have something already prepared and it is easy to alter the diary if I have made any changes
  • tabathad
    tabathad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello all, would you care for another group member. I just started today and would love to motivate and be motivated.
  • gchick64
    gchick64 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i did good on my "practice day" and was under my goal :) here goes today...
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    I've even tracked those 2 little nibbles of steak and 1 nibble of sausage.
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    Made it... "Phew"
  • tabathad
    tabathad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Now what the plan?
    Question... Do you think you really have to drink lots of water when your dieting?