I don’t think I’m eating enough - but I feel like I am.

Options
MyFitnessPal has my daily calorie goal as around 1450 ish. Even when I am constantly full and feel nauseous, I don’t often make it to 1200. If I eat to the point where I’m satisfied, I only eat around 750 a day which I’ve been told is way too low. Some days I’ll have a junky snack before I go to bed so that I’ll have enough calories to complete my diary so it’ll give me a projection weight. How do I eat enough without stuffing myself? Please - any advice helps!

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Before I upped my protein I'd have a spoonful or two of peanut butter to reach enough calories. It's ok to be under here and there but you should really try to nourish your body properly.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    MyFitnessPal has my daily calorie goal as around 1450 ish. Even when I am constantly full and feel nauseous, !

is this new? the full and nauseous?
    have you changed your eating habits? how? How long ago?
    or maybe added exercise?
    Assuming your goal is weight loss, how long ago have you started tracking/trying and how much have you lost in that time?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal has my daily calorie goal as around 1450 ish. Even when I am constantly full and feel nauseous, I don’t often make it to 1200. If I eat to the point where I’m satisfied, I only eat around 750 a day which I’ve been told is way too low. Some days I’ll have a junky snack before I go to bed so that I’ll have enough calories to complete my diary so it’ll give me a projection weight. How do I eat enough without stuffing myself? Please - any advice helps!

If you've been doing this for a month and the weight is not melting off you, then you are likely eating more than you think, which is common in the beginning.

There are logging errors that people commonly make that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Also see the post above mine re: fiber.
  • DKLI
    DKLI Posts: 63 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    The only time I would feel “full and nauseous” is if I ate 1200 calories worth of dense food, all at once. I’ve never thought of 1200 calories spread over 24 hours as giving me enough to “stuff” myself. You may be underestimating what you’re eating. Another thought is it’s psychological in that when you have a normal amount of food in your stomach and you’re no longer hungry, you’re worried you’re eating too much and it makes you feel queasy. You don’t have to always feel hungry or have a growling stomach when cutting calories, you can feel normally full and it’s ok.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    are you eating low carb? if so, being in ketosis can really kill your appetite and make it diff ult to eat or want to be around food. you can try to add fats to your meals...butter your veg and meat, oil, full fat dressings, etc. that should help bump up your calorie intake.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    What kind of foods are you eating?
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You haven't given us enough data to be able to help you. Waiting for your answers to all the above questions, then we can offer suggestions. ;)