Eating too little ?

So MFP set my calorie intake to 1,200 calories a day. I'm thinking it's too little considering I'm 5'2 and weigh 113 lbs. At the beginning of this month I weighed 116 lbs. I just recently lost 3 pounds in a week though my goal was to only lose 1 pound in a week. I am skinny fat so I'm really just trying to lose my belly fat and get abs.My goal is to be 108. I exercise 5x a day . I watch youtube videos for ab workouts and full body workouts that range from 10-35 minutes. I was just concerned because I lost 3lbs in such a short amount of time. Also I started eating more healthy and restricted junk food. Help.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Just to agree with others, you should be set to lose no more than 0.5lbs per week, if you even need to lose more weight at all. Plus log your exercise and eat back at least some of those calories too. But that loss could easily have just been a water weight fluctuation.

If you are at all interested in recomp as mentioned above, this thread covers that:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • vegajessica2017
    vegajessica2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you guys! So I increased my calorie intake to 1700. I hope that fine without making me lose muscle or slow my metabolism.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    You're well within the optimal BMI range for your height. Your goal weight is only six pounds from the very lowest end of your healthy BMI range. Weight loss would be extremely slow at this point and would require meticulous logging.

Losing more weight may not give you the appearance you want. I agree with those who recommend recomp rather than weight loss, since recomp makes most people happier with their appearance.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    The 3 lbs is your body releasing the water when you ate less junk food. ☺