Cancer Research : Cycle 300 or Cycle 200 in September

Options
2»

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    Having decided I was going to enter the 'Cancer Research September Cycle challenge' there were two options, 200 miles or 300 miles. The advice was pretty consistent;
    "You haven't been on a bike for years - try for 200"
    "You missed going to the gym this week, that makes 11 years in a row - are you sure you want to do this?"
    "Look in the mirror chunky, you'd be better off going for 2 miles not 200"
    “Don’t you need a special licence for large loads?”

We know what has to happen now. I mean first pizza, but then…
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Day 22 : This was the first time I actually went for a bike ride rather than commuting or getting in some extra miles. I did some checks on cycle routes and picked one from Hailsham to Seaford that said "avoiding the big hills". Well let me tell you the person who wrote that is a darn liar!!!
    orn8v0vrauz3.jpg
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Time has run out on me and I have no more days for bikelling I secretly wanted to ride at least 1 mile for every pound raised however your generosity has been so fantastic that I will have to let that one go. Still I hope 406.86 miles is worthy of your efforts. No more incidents on the bike, the only related event was running for a train, parts of me have changed shape, and my trousers started heading south, fortunately there was a lady well positioned to break my fall so no damage for me. £550 raised is tremendous and you should all give yourselves a pat on the back. Thank you :D
    9pafor9y3jfc.jpg