General question about calories

Options
Most days I’m hitting my target of 1700-2000 calories. That said, I do have days - like yesterday - where I’m just not hungry and only ate 700 calories. I know this isn’t healthy, but when it’s overly hot, I have a hard time eating. On these days, would it be better to maybe consume higher calorie drinks or just let it go? Like I said, it’s not a everyday thing at all. I was genuinely not hungry yesterday.

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    It does not matter if you occasionally consume a very low amount of calories.

It does not matter if you do it regularly even - as long as your average is around the mark.

But, yes, you could drink some calories to make up the amount.

Healthy smoothies, juices etc would be good on a summer day.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I think it depends on how often it's happening. You could easily look at your calories by the week rather than by the day as a check to make sure your low days aren't becoming problematic. The occasional low day is no problem... but if the low day is leading to really low weeks/months, then it's time to make an adjustment.

Yes, part of the concern with really low calorie days is the calories, but the bigger concern is the lack of nutrients. Rather than having an extra soda or two to increase calories, could you do a V8 or meal replacement shake? Or perhaps a bit of peanut butter? Or even some fresh fruit?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I concur. If it's a random day and not a pattern, you're good.