Should I exercise?

Ok, hear me out....

I eat only 1200 cals because I’m inactive most of the day. I’m 5’5 158lbs goal is 140. Should I exercise if I’m already eating low calories?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    if you exercise you would eat back a reasonable estimate of the calories burned exercising.

exercise is good for your health (physical and mental).

what rate of loss did you pick? close to goal like that you should pick 0.5lbs/week.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Yes you should exercise.

When you do, enter that exercise into your Exercise page here. You will be given more calories to fuel that exercise. Eat them.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited July 2019
    If you’re inactive most of the day you should definitely exercise, regardless of your weight loss goals, because regular physical activity is the single most important thing you can do for your health.

However, exercising will also allow you to eat back exercise calories and give you more than 1200 calories to eat. Plus it will help preserve your lean muscle mass while you lose weight so that your final appearance is much better.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited July 2019
    Weren't you posting about being concerned about your glutes yesterday? Definitely want to incorporate strength training. If you exercise you would eat at least some of your exercise calories on top of your intake.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Yes but is you have been sedentary do not go to the gym today and try to earn 500 calories. Start with light exercise and work your way up.

Also your level of activity does not immediately dictate that you should eat 1200 calories. You should select an appropriate rate of loss for the amount of weight you need to lose and eat what MFP tells you to eat.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Yes. Exercise is awesome. It makes you stronger and makes you feel great.

Plus you get to eat more. And eating more while losing weight is excellent!