My Story

IWPYW00
IWPYW00 Posts: 4 Member
I am new to this and somewhat afraid of the response. I have always kept to myself but that isn't working. I'm 47, obese and want to change. It's been 2 weeks since the love of my life left me. Various reasons but some can be tied to size. I've alwqays been big but now I'm done. I started the app and a plan the day after. My goal 150 lbs lost in two years. Get my confidence back. Even as a big man I was still confident but now I'm not me and I'm tired of it. My story hopefully will be one of victory. I am looking for similiar people or just people to help with the journey. Add me if you like or respond however you choose.

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Welcome to MFP! 150 pounds in two years is possible and for a man probably even reasonable but if it takes longer hang in there. It took me 2 years to lose about 85 pounds. As a man you will likely lose faster. Every pound lost brings you closer to feeling better and being healthier. I'm sorry to hear about your relationship but don't let that define you. Everyone is worthy of being loved and cared for regardless of their size. I have been fortunate to have a husband who supported me despite my size. Good luck on your journey.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I started my journey back to good health two months ago and I have lost 24 lbs....I would like to lose 125 more....I would be happy to do this with you....I need motivation and inspiration....from your words I can tell you really want to lose weight....if you want to be my fitness pal,message me....connie
  • jeannalyn1227
    jeannalyn1227 Posts: 14 Member
    I am right there with you. I also have 150 to lose. Let's do this together! Motivated and determined!
    Jeanna
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hello, I am new here but not new to weight gain and loss! You can do it! I gained 100 lbs in the last 16 years. (from
    a lean and muscular 185 to 285 at my heaviest) My last labs from the Dr showed I was pre-diabetic. From that report, I stopped everything cold turkey and changed my routine. No more fast food/high processed food, alcohol , sugary drinks, etc...I was so out of shape I could barely breathe at times, and felt so miserable and sick all the time! I switched to lean proteins (like chicken, fish, pork and even steak) with minimal fats and lower carbs (100 g or less a day). I reduced my daily caloric intake in half. I started walking a mile a day at first (very slow) to around 3 miles a day at a moderate pace, after a couple weeks. Believe me, I wanted to quit many times, but I just kept going one step at a time. After a month in, I started some light weight training and more strenuous cardio on exercise bike. I started this all in April of this year and have lost 57 lbs so far with a goal of at least 85 lbs lost. I feel like a new man already. I hope maybe this is some motivation for you to get started! I'm 54 and if I can do it YOU CAN! If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask! Happy journey!
  • IWPYW00
    IWPYW00 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, I am new here but not new to weight gain and loss! You can do it! I gained 100 lbs in the last 16 years. (from
    a lean and muscular 185 to 285 at my heaviest) My last labs from the Dr showed I was pre-diabetic. From that report, I stopped everything cold turkey and changed my routine. No more fast food/high processed food, alcohol , sugary drinks, etc...I was so out of shape I could barely breathe at times, and felt so miserable and sick all the time! I switched to lean proteins (like chicken, fish, pork and even steak) with minimal fats and lower carbs (100 g or less a day). I reduced my daily caloric intake in half. I started walking a mile a day at first (very slow) to around 3 miles a day at a moderate pace, after a couple weeks. Believe me, I wanted to quit many times, but I just kept going one step at a time. After a month in, I started some light weight training and more strenuous cardio on exercise bike. I started this all in April of this year and have lost 57 lbs so far with a goal of at least 85 lbs lost. I feel like a new man already. I hope maybe this is some motivation for you to get started! I'm 54 and if I can do it YOU CAN! If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask! Happy journey!

That is awesome and exactly what I have been doing. Only two weeks in but I honestly feel better. Tough on certain days to stay the course but a good soundtrack helps the treadmill ...thanks for that story it's what I need.