Ladies... how do you measure your bodies?

Options
Specifically, do you wear a bra while measuring, or you're going all natural?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn a bra since I retired. 😀

I measure bust, waist, hips and thighs. I measure naked.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Once a month I measure (and sometimes take pics) in the same sports bra/short workout shorts.

I take a lot of measurements...my waist, hips and bust but also my neck, arms, calves, under my bust, lower abs, thighs etc.

I like data and looking back on seeing how my body has changed and improved.

I'm maintaining so there hasn't been too much difference in the past few years, but knowing my measurements helps to keep me on track.
  • slackey0275
    slackey0275 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I measure in a sports bra and panties
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If you only care about relative change (i.e., the difference from one measurement to the next), then you can do either as long as you pick one and are consistent about it.

If you care about the actual numbers, you should not wear a bra while measuring.

Think about it this way: take a bra and roll or fold it. You can see how much fabric it is. You are adding that amount of fabric to your measurements if you measure with the bra on.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    The only measurement that would change is my bust, all the other measurements are on the same. I measure first thing in the morning, in panties and a leisure bra, or I just pick up my boobs to measure my underbust and waist.

I don't worry about my bust measurement until it's time to bra shop, I can tell if my bustline is shrinking by how my bras fit (not the lounge bras, regular sized underwire/cup bras).

I went from a 28G/30F to a 32DDD last time I bought, so they are changing.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I don’t bother measuring my bust at all. It is what it is. I measure in underwear; waist, 1” under belly button, hips, right bicep, right thigh, right calf.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I measure bust for fitness purposes with a sports bra on usually. However for clothing measurements/online orders I wear a bra for measurements because that is what I would be wearing under the clothing.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Dorchi22 wrote: »
    Specifically, do you wear a bra while measuring, or you're going all natural?

I measure indoors, so no reason to have to be wearing anything.