Started Logging My Standing Desk Hours

Options
Who stands and for how long? I'm at about 4 hours a day right now. :)

Replies

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Do you get many calories logging that?

I stood at my desk all day today, my fitbit says my calorie burn is low. I read somewhere it's like 15 calories an hour, or a day, or something. Not a lot.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Fine to log but don’t eat back those calories 😀
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I stand for 8 plus hours a day at work minimum don't log it though
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't log it, I just consider it gravy on the weight loss train.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Not to sway the thought of stand up desks in either way but I was slightly amused of the thought utilizing a standing desk burning more calories little as they may be.

Some random study suggesting that as humans we once again discovered the natural route of adaptation by leaning on the desk or what have you to make easier to do so.

Go figure.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    How you log breathing? Same way you log standing . 😝
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Not to sway the thought of stand up desks in either way but I was slightly amused of the thought utilizing a standing desk burning more calories little as they may be.

Some random study suggesting that as humans we once again discovered the natural route of adaptation by leaning on the desk or what have you to make easier to do so.

Go figure.

Mine isn't really stable enough to support me, it's a rolling laptop desk like you use beside a chair or something, I just jack it alllll the way up. Fine to hold a laptop, but it won't hold me up.

I do it because I think there are other benefits to standing besides increased calorie burn. I don't do it all the time (it goes up and down), but part of the time. I'm more likely to step away and walk around the room when I'm already standing too.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    This standing vs sitting calculator might tell you something. I have no idea if it is accurate or not.

https://www.juststand.org/the-tools/calorie-burn-calculator/
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I don't log it, I just consider it gravy on the weight loss train.

Mmmmmm, gravy. 😀
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It's not about burning calories for me, it's more about vascular health.