Maintenance Success!

anonymouse37
anonymouse37 Posts: 14 Member
I am closing in on a weight I thought I'd never see again (58 yrs old). I am realizing that maintenance is going to be as hard as losing, maybe harder. So I am interested in some maintenance success stories! How much did you lose? Where did your weight settle out? How long have you maintained? Tips?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    There's lots of people maintaining successfully so you'll get loads of answers :smile: well done on your weight loss and all the best for keeping it off for good.

I'm in my 6th year of reaching goal (lost 30lbs).

I have +/-5lbs goal range - if it veers too either side for more than a month I rein in my calories again until I get where I prefer to be.

In maintenance its not any different than when losing except we just get more calories, for me that was only about 250 cals more. While I no longer log my meals I am extremely calorie aware of every single thing I eat and mentally keep a tab. It works well for me but lots of people keep tracking their food. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to logging if I needed to. (I refuse to return to being the curvy friend/sister again.)

I weigh in frequently to keep a tab on my weight, it would be easy to just not weigh in but I prefer to catch any weight creep in the bud so I only ever have to lose a few pounds rather than major pounds.

Trending weight apps - help especially as weight can fluctuate so much from day to day normally.
    Exercise - its good for the heart/bones/strength but it also means I can eat a bit more too.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!