NEW TO MY FITNESS PAL

Hi, Just bought a garmin vivosmart HR and it has tied me into my fitness pal. I am so excited about setting goals, continuing to be challenged and challenge myself to get healthy. I have a very busy life work, home, volunteer etc... I am looking for balance and would love feedback on what has worked for you in regular daily life. Main goal is to lose weight so I can increase things I like to do. Thank you for any support and suggestions. This is day 3, learning what works and what doesn't. Thank you for any suggestions. Roxie

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Welcome!
    Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum. Especially this one, it's a great place to start:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • roxiescorner
    roxiescorner Posts: 3 Member
    ty
  • jasonkdalessandro4
    jasonkdalessandro4 Posts: 19 Member
    I have my macros at 55% fat, 35% protein and 10% carbs and it has worked great for me. Lost over 60lbs in about 210 days so its a slow steady loss and other than having to cut out carbs like bread, pasta and cookies/high sugar snacks, gives you a pretty good range of foods to eat that taste great like steak, burger patties (No bun), and chicken and you still have 10% carbs to get the good carbs from fruits and veggies like sweet potatoes.

I don't think the keto explosion is a diet that works long term for 90% of people but I DO think its in the right direction and its more about a low carb diet (natural carbs from fruits and veggies) rather than cutting out carbs almost completely. Again just my opinion, advice and what has worked for me personally.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

Definitely check out the stickies referenced above by kimny72. They are very helpful.

Choose a way of eating that includes foods you love so you don't feel deprived. Stay at a calorie deficit and lose weight.
  • lhoppman61
    lhoppman61 Posts: 1 Member
    How do I join community?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    lhoppman61 wrote: »
    How do I join community?

Um, you're in the community right now. 😕
  • duncan04
    duncan04 Posts: 67 Member
    Welcome to the Garmin family-I’ve got a Fenix 5x and love it! The Garmin community is a great tool to keep accountable with your activities as well. I like that it syncs to MFP as well as Strava. I like the segments on that as well. Set your goal and have some fun!