Experience, Goals, Tips, & Friends

Options
Hello! Im here because I am passionate about making a positive change in my life, mind, and body, and like many people out there who either once upon a time started or are currently beginning their fitness journey, I have no idea what Im doing.

Let me begin this by narcissistically talking about myself for a minute. My name is Gwen, Im 21, and I have little experience with fitness under my belt. Ive been going to my local gym for just under a month now and to be honest Im still too intimidated as heck to try anything besides the treadmills and the group classes.

My goals are to maintain my weight - i think? I do not own a scale, dont know what I weigh, and do not want to know because I easily become obsessive and I have always been on the petite side anyway - lose belly fat, obtain that coveted bikini calendar girl flat stomach, tone my body, and of course get them booty gains. I refuse to check my weight, body fat percentage, or measurements. Progress to me is not about numbers, its about looks, and the mirror will show me how much im improving.

I aim to get in 30-60 minutes of cardio 3 to 4 times a week, go to the gym 4-6 times a week, learn about strength training because i still havent got the slightest clue how to do this or what is good for me, work on my abs and core almost every day, and take dance classes at my local studio as often as I am able to, as well as eat healthier and figure out what sort of macros i need to get slim and lean.

I think this is all ok? But for all I know i could be all wrong!

This is definitely a big community and Id love to hear back from you guys about any tips or info you have for me.

This is also your chance to talk about your experiences with your fitness odyssey, your own personal goals, and to send me your sweet, sweet friend requests, since Id really enjoy all of that!
So far I have been in this by myself and I think itd be pretty cool to form inspiring and motivating connections.

Looking forward to reading your responses and more about you. (:

Replies

• daniellam01
    daniellam01 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Hello! Im here because I am passionate about making a positive change in my life, mind, and body, and like many people out there who either once upon a time started or are currently beginning their fitness journey, I have no idea what Im doing.

Let me begin this by narcissistically talking about myself for a minute. My name is Gwen, Im 21, and I have little experience with fitness under my belt. Ive been going to my local gym for just under a month now and to be honest Im still too intimidated as heck to try anything besides the treadmills and the group classes.

My goals are to maintain my weight - i think? I do not own a scale, dont know what I weigh, and do not want to know because I easily become obsessive and I have always been on the petite side anyway - lose belly fat, obtain that coveted bikini calendar girl flat stomach, tone my body, and of course get them booty gains. I refuse to check my weight, body fat percentage, or measurements. Progress to me is not about numbers, its about looks, and the mirror will show me how much im improving.

I aim to get in 30-60 minutes of cardio 3 to 4 times a week, go to the gym 4-6 times a week, learn about strength training because i still havent got the slightest clue how to do this or what is good for me, work on my abs and core almost every day, and take dance classes at my local studio as often as I am able to, as well as eat healthier and figure out what sort of macros i need to get slim and lean.

I think this is all ok? But for all I know i could be all wrong!

This is definitely a big community and Id love to hear back from you guys about any tips or info you have for me.

This is also your chance to talk about your experiences with your fitness odyssey, your own personal goals, and to send me your sweet, sweet friend requests, since Id really enjoy all of that!
    So far I have been in this by myself and I think itd be pretty cool to form inspiring and motivating connections.

Looking forward to reading your responses and more about you. (:

It is so awesome to hear your story. I'm Daniel and I am working to improve my fitness and gain muscle. Is there anything you need help with?