Hello. Iā€™m a sugar addict šŸ™‹šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

Options
I need to make friends with other sugar addicts to help keep me accountable.
Maybe we can share recipes low in sugar (or no sugar) or suggestions to beat those sweet cravings? Anywho feel free to send me a friend request. āœŒšŸ½

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I don't consider myself a sugar addict, and I'm a terrible "feed friend", but I will share my strategies :)

When I do the following, I don't have cravings:

1. Get sufficient sleep
    2. Exercise regularly - when I get the happy hormones from exercise, I'm not prone to seeking them from food. Additionally, mild to moderate exercise appears to work as a mild appetite suppressant for me.
    3. Get sufficient protein in relationship to carbs. I'm not low carb, but reducing carbs and upping protein worked for cravings for me. See also http://www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/fuller/understanding-satiety-feeling-full-after-a-meal.html
    4. Eat moderate amounts of fruit. This makes me less interested in higher calorie sweets.
    5. Take a magnesium supplement. This can be especially helpful for women premenstrually.
    6. Save foods like chocolate for after dinner, in small amounts
    7. Stay hydrated
    8. Have a calorie deficit that is appropriate for the amount of weight I need to lose. An overly aggressive goal can definitely lead to cravings.
    9. Eat at maintenance when my appetite goes up premenstrually.