New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hello, My Fitness Pal community,

I am new here and look forward to using this program to keep track of what I eat. I am currently doing Keto so my main goal is to count carbs/fat/proteins, not calories.

In going thru this website, I can't seem to locate how I would set up my profile to just reflect carbs, leaving calories off my plan.

Is this even possible? Would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Again, hello to all from Oregon!

Vicky

Replies

• vickysanimalrescue
    vickysanimalrescue Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Learning to use the tracker.

175454962.png
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll have to set everything up manually. Start by finding your BMI and run it through a calculator... that should tell you where to start.

Stay consistent and be persistent and you'll do great
  • vickysanimalrescue
    Options
    Thanks! I was hopeful to find a way to setup MFP to only record carbs/fat/protein, leaving calories off my plan since the Keto plan I follow doesn't count calories. But I suppose it's not possible.

Love the tracker and, yes, already calculated my BMI! :)

Thanks again!
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they automatically count the calories...
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you'd want to remove the calorie count, since being in a calorie deficit is what leads to weight loss.

I do understand the macros being so different for keto.
  • vickysanimalrescue
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lynda, there are various Keto plans from what I understand. I am on the one plan that doesn't count calories, to eat ONLY when hungry from our food list, and to stop eating when you are satiated. Calories are irrelevant in this.

The trick is to know when you are satiated, and to stop eating. :#
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation.
  • vickysanimalrescue
    edited July 2019
    Options
    You're welcome, Lynda. Just for the record, I don't count macros. I follow Keto with Casey on YouTube. Her very simple approach to Keto is wonderful to follow. She use to be massively obese and now she's quite thin. And she started her weight loss after age 50.
  • daniellam01
    daniellam01 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? What is your favorite part of the app?
  • vickysanimalrescue
    Options
    Hi Daniel,

My goal is to get healthier and lose a little weight in the process. I'm still going through MFP, learning a lot as I go along. I'm using a desktop rather than an app but I'll probably add the app to my phone soon.

So far, so good here at MFP!
  • daniellam01
    daniellam01 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Hi Daniel,

My goal is to get healthier and lose a little weight in the process. I'm still going through MFP, learning a lot as I go along. I'm using a desktop rather than an app but I'll probably add the app to my phone soon.

So far, so good here at MFP!

Awesome.