Challenges help

latishiadaustin
latishiadaustin Posts: 19 Member
When I click on "Challenges" under the menu button (three lines top left corner) there's a button that says "Join a challenge" however when I click that button it says "No challenges available" ....how do I join a challenge???

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Go to the dialogue box next to the bell.

Click on forums.

Click on challenges.

Good luck!
  • latishiadaustin
    Here's a screenshot of what I see
  • latishiadaustin
    Here's a screenshot of what I see
  • latishiadaustin
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Go to the dialogue box next to the bell.

Click on forums.

Click on challenges.

Good luck!

I am in the 10 day challenge one but that is just a forum post.
  • LyndaBSS
    edited July 2019
    Some are small challenges, some are bigger. Some are formal, some are informal.

You can also go to groups and do a search there for challenges.

What exactly are you looking for?
  • latishiadaustin
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Some are small challenges, some are bigger. Some are formal, some are informal.

You can also go to groups and do a search there for challenges.

What exactly are you looking for?

So I can only join challenges in the forum's? Not under the challenge tab to earn achievements or badges?
  • latishiadaustin
    I see the forum groups called challenges and I am in the just give me 10 days challenge but I don't see how I can earn badges or achievements thru a forum. When I click on the menu (3 lines top left corner) and go down to challenges it says no challenges available. When I click on the trophy in the top right corner it says no achievements, join a challenge...when I click join a challenge it says no challenges available...it's a vicious cycle! How do you earn badges and achievements if you can't join a challenge??
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    I’m not sure if there are any active MFP challenges right now—but I’ll say the ones I’ve seen thus far haven’t been completely motivating...the last one I know was the Michelobe Ultra challenge which was basically to log like 10 workouts and then also log drinking the beer...they all seem to be sponsored by companies and involve consuming product. I don’t drink anymore—so it wasn’t a helpful one. I think you’ll find much more helpful challenges on the boards with folks to help keep you accountable!
  • LyndaBSS
    edited July 2019
    I get notifications of the badges challenges on my home page. I'm not involved in those. That's why I didn't think of it.

One involved drinking beer. One involved eating cereal. I don't consume either.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 527 Member
    Are you using a computer? I know you can't join non-forum challenges unless you use the mobile app. That one got me quite a few times. ;)
  • latishiadaustin
    poisonesse wrote: »
    Are you using a computer? I know you can't join non-forum challenges unless you use the mobile app. That one got me quite a few times. ;)

I only have the app. Does location effect it? I'm in Canada and I saw something about certain challenges only being available in the US but the info was from 2017.
  • latishiadaustin
    Ok thanks everyone. I'll keep waiting I guess. I would like to do a steps challenge or a daily log challenge or something motivating like being within goal range...know what I mean lol I don't drink and I am gluten free so eating/drinking challenges don't interest me 😔
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Ok thanks everyone. I'll keep waiting I guess. I would like to do a steps challenge or a daily log challenge or something motivating like being within goal range...know what I mean lol I don't drink and I am gluten free so eating/drinking challenges don't interest me 😔

Honestly, if there is one you want to do and get a group together, create a post about it. Lead a challenge if it doesn’t exist—that will super motivate you!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Has anyone ever won anything from the challenges?
  • LyndaBSS
    If you see challenges in the forums that say the winner gets money or a gym membership, etc., they're just spam.