Apple Watch to My Fitness Pal the onto Garmin Connect

Options
faymondo73
faymondo73 Posts: 1 Member
Thinking of getting an apple watch.
Is it possible to sync steps from Apple Watch to My Fitness Pal and the link My Fitness Pal to Garmin.
What I want is steps to be recorded to the Garmin watch.
Daughter has a Garmin and want to keep recording steps to encourage her to get more steps.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Of course the steps aren't going to be synced to the Garmin watch from an external source.

And bad news - a direct sync from Apple to MFP causes incorrect calorie info to be synced to MFP, and the resulting math will screw up your eating goals to keep you at a reasonable deficit to lose weight, or maintain, or gain.

Anyway - the best way to get the Apple stuff here is to sync MFP with Pacer listed in their Apps.

Then in Pacer app, sync with Apple account.

And I thought I saw in there Pacer could sync with Garmin too.

So Garmin would get the info that MFP is getting, for the info Garmin will receive at least.

Not sure if Garmin is an incoming steps system though - since they probably figure they are generating the steps, they would not expect that to be incoming.

Anyway, starting on Garmin side first - see if it'll sync with the Pacer system.

And if you are using MFP for eating goals - you'll want to do that anyway to get correct info.