Consecutive missed workouts

Options
Due to my job which is part time yet excessive in hours due to a trainee process, the past few weeks of my lifts have been very inconsistent imho.

Like I follow a 6 day PPL program but lately ive been doing it where i do like push in the morning and pull at night on the days that i dont go to work. Today was supposed to be legs but Idk why but my hamstrings are super sore and i have work at 5pm. I was excited yesterday night because in my mind i thought i would hit legs today because i had lots of time before work but fast foward, its nearly 4pm and im still sore and missed yet another workout. Im currently trying to clean bulk yet i keep missing workouts.

what would you guys do? Regarding the twice a day training on my non job days and also regarding eating? Since there are more days i dont lift. I usually eat light and sometimes moderately before i work( usually 3-midnight or 5-midnight) and so when i get home i rinse and eat till like 4 am haha. Basically a type of omad. And then when i get up, even though im tired and sluggish i go workout if its a day i dont have job work. Mentally i say to myself that I still have glyocen from the 4am feasting haha but im a night owl which means my best workouts are at night so the morning workouts have been crappy :(

Drop calories? Is this inconsistency ok? What to do about the crappy morning sessions? Opinions on doing the 6 day ppl program but squishing the 6 workouts in 2 or 3 days? Also thoughts on the consecutive non working out days?

Replies

• tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump :/
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    tec9goo wrote: »
    Opinions on doing the 6 day ppl program but squishing the 6 workouts in 2 or 3 days? Also thoughts on the consecutive non working out days?

I'd simplify the program into something you can do consistently. Either full-body workouts a couple times a week, or a 2-day split (upper/lower) with 1 rest day in between.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Agree to find a new lifting program. 3 day full body might be best for your schedule or 4 day upper/lower split.
  • tec9goo
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Agree to find a new lifting program. 3 day full body might be best for your schedule or 4 day upper/lower split.

But I usually like to train high volume like the guy chris Jones from physiqueofgreatness or pumpchasers.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

But I usually like to train high volume like the guy chris Jones from physiqueofgreatness or pumpchasers.

But it's not working for you. If you can't commit to schedule required by the program, it's not the program for you.

Exactly. You've posted several threads now about not being able to follow the programme as designed, so maybe it's time to try something else.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Unfortunately it's not working for you. You cannot follow the program, plus you state your lifts are inconsistent and you are not recovering adequately. You can still train high volume with a 4x per week upper/lower and you will make more progress than you are making now. I would really think about that before you waste more time doing whatever you are doing now.
  • tec9goo
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I would like to swim outdoors year round but I live in Massachusetts, so that's not going to happen.

Ha! I'd like to go outside for more than one second but I live in Arizona😂👍
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

But it's not working for you and you're being inconsistent and missing workouts. You're going to get more out of a program that works with your schedule and that you can do vs something that doesn't fit and leads to inconsistencies.

Full body programs are optimal with time constraints because they can be done 3x per week. You're also going to be hitting everything 3x per week which is also optimal. There are full body programs out there that have more volume than things like starting strength or strong lifts. You'd probably also benefit from more recovery time.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I should also note that those 7 workouts a week? I built up to that over the course of a year and a half or two and the volume that I do isn't really comparable to say, an elite college athlete. Most of the workouts are also very structured and I am not especially afraid of skipping a workout when I'm tired if I'm not obligated to go. That is to say, if someone isn't really depending on my being there.