Need advice

Options
Please help! I am 5 foot 4 and trying to lose around three stone, my calorie intake a day can vary between 1200 to 1400. I eat three spaced out meals a day and try avoid snacking as much as I can. On top of this I’ve been drinking loads of water and I excersize 6 times a week for 40 minute that is a mix of cardio and strength straining and also go on a 4mile walk everyday.
I’ve only been doing this for three weeks now which I’m aware isn’t long but I have only lost 1 pound ! I thought I looked different in the mirror and I overall feel better working myself (more awake, positive mind), so why aren’t I seeing better results on the scales?
Thankyou 😁

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    If you have just started the exercise, you are likely retaining water weight. It will go away in time. It sounds like you have a lot to celebrate! More muscles, probably smaller measurements, look better, feel better! The scales are probably just a little behind. Be encouraged by the good things!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Exercise induced water retention is most likely. It can mask your weight loss for several weeks. Keep it up! If it doesn't start shifting in a couple more weeks, then it's worth looking at your logging. Inaccuracies creep in very easily.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates, it also comes off in spurts, like every 2 or 3 weeks I'll have a week some falls off. It gets frustrating. I just stick to the happy benefits of feeling good, and positive.
  • Bowk1432
    Bowk1432 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Honestly has kept me going, thankyou once again ! 😀