Neck skin

Hi everyone, I'm not sure where to post this, so please let me know if this is the wrong place. I'm in my mid 30's, so I feel like I'm too young to have this problem. There years ago, I lost about 35 pounds. One of the things I was excited about was that I would have a better jawline. I was wrong. Losing weight seems to have loosened the skin under my chin and on my neck. I'm really surprised because I only lost 35 pounds, not 100. I've also been under major stress for a couple years, so I think that is affecting my skin, too. Is there anything I can do about this that actually works? It's making me feel older than I am. I can't afford plastic surgery, and I don't want to admit that the problem is that extreme, but everything I can find online says creams don't work, and facial/neck exercises don't work. Is there anything I can do to tighten this skin that actually works? Please don't tell me horror stories. I'm upset as is. Thank you.

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I can't really provide any advice but I can say is that given time the issue may to some degree resolve itself based on the amount of elasticity your genetics dictate.

Also, keep in mind that the issue might not be anywhere near as bad as you think. We see flaws in our appearance that look glaring to our eyes which go entirely unnoticed by anyone else.
  • LighterRhythm1
    LighterRhythm1 Posts: 2 Member
    That's true. I'm the only one who has noticed, as far as I know. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • supercallafraga
    supercallafraga Posts: 39 Member
    i lost 20 lbs and my neck looks the worst. i'd rather wear turtlenecks. 3 years have gone by and still - no improvement. i'm old so that's probably why :) i don't care though. i'd rather have a crepey and loose neck than the 20 lbs. put your vanity aside honey , and look at what you've achieved, right?? i say with all respect.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited July 2019
    Taking selfies from above helps!

Seriously there’s nothing short of plastic surgery that will do much - after three years it’s probably as good as it’s going to get. I saw some improvement from lifting which built up muscle in my jawline, but not all that much. Focus on your good points and draw attention from the not so good ones.