I know you can't spot lose, but ...

Options
I'm approaching my goal weight. To be honest, I'm more than happy with the weight lost around the chest and hips - the pickle I've got is my waist. Although it has shrunk (I've lost 16 inches off my waist), it's not in keeping with the rest of me.

Here's an example of three sample Australian clothing size guides. You can see that chest and hips-wise I generally fall within a size 8 but my waist is between a size 10 and a 12.

aez53ekjgr6a.png

I know that spot weight loss is impossible, but I'm kind of in a pickle that I don't really want to lose anymore weight off my chest and hips but do want to continue to lose weight off my waist. Is this just absolutely too bad and there's nothing I can do to focus things ....?

My current health regimen is:
- lots of cardio (elliptical, zumba, walking)
- strength training for arms and legs plus core work in the form of planking, Russian twists etc.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You might want to try a full body lifting routine. Focusing on the abs/core (planking, Russian twists) will not necessarily help to whittle your waist. You can keep a very small deficit until you reach goal weight and then switch to maintenance. Make sure to lift progressively.