Need friends with similar goals

Options
I've been doing this mfp thing for a while now. I have a tendency of getting really motivated, log everything and go to the gym and I do good for a little and then stop. I'm tired of this cycle. This time I want to be consistent with mfp and working out. I always wanted to have some friends to do this with me but I've always been too shy to post anything and find someone. Well...I'm over it.

A little about me
I'm 26 yrs old and have a wonderful husband who is always telling me how beautiful I am and I have a hard time believing him. Growing up I was always a heavier kid and at 16 I lost a lot of weight and very fast. I didn't do it in a healthy way. And u know what even though I lost all that weight I still thought I needed to lose weight. I know that the way I see myself isnt the way others see me. I think that losing the weight the way I did has kinda messed with how I see myself because no matter what I always feel like I'm fat. Since I am aware of the fact that the way I see myself isnt the way others do keeps me from being extremely negative.

I'm Puertorican which means that I grew up eating rice n beans, plantains, and meats that were always seasoned with sazón and adobo, fried and delicious. I love food especially the food I grew up on. In my culture it seems like your encouraged to have some meat on your bones because if you were thin it wasn't considered "healthy". It was thought of as your not eating enough and need another spoonful of rice and beans. And who's gonna say no to that. It's definitely time to change all of this. I'm 5'3" and started at 160 lbs. I want to lose 20 lbs and see how I feel and look at 140 and go from there. So far I've lost 3 lbs which is usually the amount that I always lose when I start this and then for some reason I get tired, discouraged and stop all together. I need someone to share the same goal and push each other through those discouraging times. I deal with depression so when I get discouraged, I GET DISCORAGED. I started some new meds so now I'm finally starting to feel like the weight on my shoulders is being lifted and I find myself a little more motivated and happier. Hopefully this keeps going through the winter which is my most difficult time of the year. I used to always feel tired and never felt up to doing much of anything except sleep. When I exercise i would be exhausted afterwards and have to go to bed. But since I've dedicated my summer to creating a habit of going to the gym and being more active I'm finally at a point where I look forward to going and I have energy after I workout. I miss it when I don't go and feel sluggish as well. This is very new to me and I like it but I don't want this to be a phase and then I stop.

Anyone have the same or similar issues?

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It all sounds familiar, I have been through many phases with this effort. But, I. don't. give. up. EVER.
    I am very happy with where I'm at now, waaaay more fit and strong. My habits have dramatically changed.
    I'm ready to slim down now, I'm doing it!