cleaning ?? calories burned

Apparently cleaning is an exercise.... And I've burned 300. X

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Really?
    Isn't that just factored into your every day activities? Or was it some serious hard core spring cleaning?
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    I don't add it unless I do some rearranging, or deep deep cleaning!!! If I'm doing "light cleaning", but doing it for like 3 hours I will just log an hour, because I myself don't clean all the time (and no not a dirty person lol)
  • emzyloo88
    emzyloo88 Posts: 145 Member
    Scrubbing bathroom and hoovering up and down steps with washing hands and knees hoovering I did build a sweat haha. Xx im not eating them
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    I got totally lean by logging my chores as exercise!

-Said no one ever.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    I personally don't count cleaning calories, they have never helped me lose weight before, so I'm not going to start counting them now.

Oh and MFP I have found, is really generous with calories burned for exercises.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Scrubbing bathroom and hoovering up and down steps with washing hands and knees hoovering I did build a sweat haha. Xx im not eating them

Well I guess you wouldn't normally do that sort of stuff everyday. Did you wear a HRM or going by what MFP gave you? I guess either way, it doesn't matter because you aren't going to eat them back :smile:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Apparently cleaning is an exercise.... And I've burned 300. X

cleaning can be a good burn if you do vigorous cleaning (think of the once or twice a year cleaning where you go all out and spent entire week/weekend cleaning) or if you do that for a living and are cleaning all day long. Otherwise, just chalk it off as day to day work.
  • ghostrider1970
    ghostrider1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Unless you're cleaning all Buckingham Palace on your own, I wouldn't bother logging "cleaning" as an exercise.
  • HealthyBrandi
    HealthyBrandi Posts: 45 Member
    There are choices between deep cleaning and light cleaning on the exercise choices. I use them unless I'm staying still by sorting on a desk or washing dishes. It gets me off of the couch, and has motivated me to keep my house cleaner. I consider vacuuming, dusting, etc. light and would consider maybe spring cleaning such as scrubbing walls more intense.