Whats you weakness

LeighAlan1
LeighAlan1 Posts: 200 Member
ok so my dentist will despair but for years now I have compensated quitting smoking with sucking on extra strong mints. I have a pack a day roughly (sometimes less, sometimes more) I get that, out of control feeling when I know I don't have them as a go to. I'm pretty sure its added to my weight gain too (understandably). Going cold turkey with this but wondered if anyone else is so draw to mints/sugar in such a way. Seems dumb to fight losing weight with mint sweets.

Replies

• mermaidsgrave
    mermaidsgrave Posts: 98 Member
    My food weakness is nachos.. I literally cannot say no to pulled pork nachos with queso! I have to choose restaurants that I know don’t sell them.
    Also kettle corn is too dangerous to have in the house.
  • mermaidsgrave
    ok so my dentist will despair but for years now I have compensated quitting smoking with sucking on extra strong mints. I have a pack a day roughly (sometimes less, sometimes more) I get that, out of control feeling when I know I don't have them as a go to. I'm pretty sure its added to my weight gain too (understandably). Going cold turkey with this but wondered if anyone else is so draw to mints/sugar in such a way. Seems dumb to fight losing weight with mint sweets.

Love your profile pic by the way! Great beard!
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    My weakness is definitely Tennessee sour mash. I can't have just one ;);)

Which of course leads to raiding the fridge or frying up some eggs
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Kryptonite really sucks
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    chips (or crisps for Americans) and corn chips too. Cannot for the life of me eat the recommended portion. Doesn't even touch the sides. I do the entire family sized bag in one sitting. Or two, if i'm trying to control myself.

The other thing is Ferrero Rocher chocolate balls. Entire box in one go. Easy.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Wine
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Kryptonite really sucks

Surprised you didn't say bacon :p
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Hm...now this is a tough one, cause I've got so many. Um...lets go with self confidence. Idk how people are confident in themselves, makes no sense to me at all.
  • ruffneckred
    ruffneckred Posts: 69 Member
    Embarrassed to say I tuned in to see how many bagged on the title of the thread... grammar nazis are usually good for a laugh. So reflecting on that and ignoring that the entire thread is about food (chocolate please) I can see that I like to laugh at the expense of others. Bad me, no chocolate for a week....
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I actually usually have a couple of mints after dinner...maybe 8pm. That's when I can "snacky." I just want something sweet. I'm not actually hungry. If I run out of mints, I drink caffeine free tea with a small amount of honey.

I don't think it's a "weakness," just a strong habit.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Ice cream and doughnuts. If either are available I’ll struggle to pass it up.

Personality wise, it would seem I struggle with will power when my favourites are presented to me.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Beer and bbq brisket- ribs - pulled pork - smoked sausage- bAked beans - potato salad - slaw - all the bbq!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,464 Member
    Good cookies. Like chocolate chip, or peanut butter with a chocolate kiss on top.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Anything sugary, but ice cream is my major downfall.
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Kryptonite really sucks

Surprised you didn't say bacon :p

Bacon.

Also.....

More bacon
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Beer and bbq brisket- ribs - pulled pork - smoked sausage- bAked beans - potato salad - slaw - all the bbq!

I don’t think ive ever had “real” bbq
  • mermaidsgrave
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    chips (or crisps for Americans) Easy.

Americans don’t say crisps....

English chips = American Fries
    English Crisps = American Chips
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    There are very few foods that make me lose control. Haagen Diaz or Persian ice cream are a couple of them, and a good tiramisu. Otherwise im good.

Other things besides food are my weaknesses.
  • mermaidsgrave
    I legit don’t think I could ever give up peanut butter
  • LeighAlan1
    LeighAlan1 Posts: 200 Member
    Embarrassed to say I tuned in to see how many bagged on the title of the thread... grammar nazis are usually good for a laugh. So reflecting on that and ignoring that the entire thread is about food (chocolate please) I can see that I like to laugh at the expense of others. Bad me, no chocolate for a week....

Ha Ha, mate thanks for bringing it (embarrassingly) to my attention. I hadn't noticed. (Makes me cringe) I spent so much time concentrating on getting my A key to work (A,Q & 1 Key's recently had a stroke, my R just has narcolepsy) that I rushed the rest. Definitely no chocolate.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,372 Member
    Weakness, as in food?

Sweet potato pie!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,023 Member
    chips & salsa....BREAD & Mashed Potatoes! Salty things! and Sour candies
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

I don’t think ive ever had “real” bbq

🤯
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    beer and booze
  • vickysanimalrescue
    vickysanimalrescue Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2019
    I also quit smoking but gained 30 lbs in the process. My crutch was black licorice twists. I ate them by the pound. A 5 lb bucket would last me less than 1 week. I'm surprised I didn't acquire diabetes in the process.

I ended up taking the prescription Chantix (which worked really well for me), and it put a stop to the massive sugar binges.

Leigh, if you haven't tried Chantix, maybe you could? Some insurances cover it, some don't like mine. I paid $150 for my script. It sure cuts the nicotine withdrawls, and I didn't feel like eating too much sugar.

The only thing about Chantix is to make sure you don't take it if you suffer from depression. It can give you terrible dreams (it gave me 'strange' dreams but nothing scary), and can cause a depressed person some real trouble in their day to day mindset. Some of these folks have had suicidal tendencies.
  • bobsteff
    bobsteff Posts: 1 Member
    Me weakness is Italian food...pasta, risotto, osso buco, Sunday rigatoni with GRAVY, parmigiano cheese and good ricotta!
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Chocolate