Showering

Options
I normally have two showers a day if I’m exercising, in the morning and then post exercise, later in the day. For me that’s enough, any more would dry the skin, unless I moisturize.
I know some people have more, including showering just before they exercise and again after.
Wonder what people’s view is on this? Also, do you mind showering in a Public Changing room? I know people have their different reasons.

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I shower after gym (lunchtime) but it's not a proper full on shower - it's basically just water to get rid of sweat. In the public locket room thingy.

Then I proper shower at night before bed.

Sometimes I also proper shower in the morning when I wake up - depends on a variety of factors such as am I awake enough or not, did I sweat at night, is it hot, did I get jiggy with it, etc etc.

After swimming I proper shower in the public shower room.

I have no issues with locker room showering or changing or anything like that. Sure it's not GREAT, but it'll do. I just try not to think of tinea and stuff. So far so good, have not caught any cooties.
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I shower when needed, I have bad skin so keeping it clean helps with that.
    Showering in public I have done and it doesn't bother me, my work has showers and I don't use them, cause my house is about 3 mins away.

I have a gym at my house so I shower after I workout.

Pretty much shower if I waking up, going to work, when done work. Even after taking a number 2 cause I just like smelly fresh
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I typically shower once per day. I usually do my cycling in the early morning before work and then shower afterwards.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I shower as needed, but at least once per day. If I take a shower, then do something sweaty, I'll shower again. In the winter my skin gets drier and multiple showers makes it worse, so I use copious amounts of lotion.

And I'll use a public shower if I need to. Right now I'm running in the mornings before work and showering in my work locker room. I just never let my bare feet touch the tile, because that grosses me out.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    Depends on climate. When I did a grad school project for a few months in Singapore I started getting skin infections. The GP recommended I shower twice daily to remove sweat residue while in the tropics.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I shower after working out, which is usually in the mornings anyway. I shower in the mornings before work always because I sweat at night. So I usually get away with just showering once a day.

I don't mind gym showers, I did it for years so I had a good routine down but I don't currently belong to a gym (I work out at home right now). I even showered a few times in the communal shower at the Y when the three shower stalls were being used. As long as I have flip flops, I'm good to go, lol!
  • aziz_n1
    aziz_n1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Interesting reading about people’s showering habits. I have no problem with public showers and use flip flops all the time when using communal public showers. Never had a problem being naked in the locker room or open showers.
    Showering too often and/or with really hot water, my skin dries out & I itch loads. Will often cold shower in the summer months.
    Can’t understand but each to their own, why one would want to shower and get all made up just before going to the gym and then again after the gym, less than 2hrs later.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Sometimes three times a day. I work in the beauty industry,( hair, makeup, eyelash extension) so sometimes I find other peoples hair in my top from cutting their hair so that being said, I take a quick one in the morning, if it’s gym day I have to shower before the gym and then one at night. I work with people all day so keeping good hygiene is important.

I do take quick showers at the gym sometimes, I use flip flops to avoid athletes foot.