What exercises can you do at home that don't require putting pressure on legs/ feet?

Options
What exercises can you do at home that don't require putting pressure on legs/ feet?
Also I have no strength to do push ups or similar activities..

Replies

• mnfva1
    mnfva1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    On YouTube search for chair workouts. They have some awesome ones on there. Hasfit also has workout videos where one person is sitting in a chair to show a modified version. The one my mom really likes is technically geared for seniors (which she is not).
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a pool?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    SarahBa89 wrote: »

Sounds like your condition would allow your doctor to give you a referral to a physical therapist. That person would be the best to design a program for you.

The warmups I do for yoga have stretched to 45 minutes now that I've added the strengthening exercises my PT gave me for my knee and hips. It's all on the floor. Yoga warmups, gentle yoga, knee and hip PT exercises.

Of the exercises that are standing in The RBG Workout: How She Stays Strong . . . and You Can Too! I bet you could modify 50% of them to do sitting, and just drop the other 25%. It takes me about 90 minutes to get through 90% of the book, which was too long as I am also doing all those knee and hip exercises, so I dropped a few more of them.
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    SarahBa89 wrote: »

The best way to build the strength needed to perform push ups is to do push ups. There are a few regressions of the standard push up that you can try. You can place your hands on an elevated surface such as a chair or table. Start with a high surface and lower as you gain strength. You can also reduce the leverage by going onto your kness rather than your feet. Lots of options. Also if you have a bar to hang from you canwork lots of upper body and completely take the pressure off your legs.