Never thought I’d be over 300... here I am at 310 :(

Options
Hovering between 220-250 throughout my 20s, and between 250-280 30-35, I’ve hit an all new high which is an all over time low for me. 310.6.

I have my 20 year high school reunion in 1 year. Gonna try to get to 250 by then. It’s about the equivalent of 1 lbs per week til then. Wish me luck.

Replies

• dblair27
    dblair27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scale after a hiatus from MFP and realized that I, too, have hit my all-time highest weight. It's the worst feeling. I'll shoot you a friend request -- hope you can find supportive people here!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    You can do it man! I was 280ish in April and 221 now. Health and bad labs was my motivator, so I cut calories in 1/2 and hit my gym hard! I am now slowing things down a bit with a goal of 1.5 lbs per week instead of 3 or more.... (PSA...This is how I am doing it, doesn't mean you should since my weight loss was extremely fast and not considered that safe for many. Worked for me though...good luck!)
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I hit 302 beginning of March, mfp tracking my food and getting off my butt, I'm down to 252 right now!!

nice job, sounds similar to me
  • conniejfait
    conniejfait Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting here, SW was 242 on May 2019 then down to 218 mid July...but gained 5lbs back afraid I'll gain more. I was allowing foods I don't eat because I felt like it and didn't think it would matter. Wrong! Now to loose these and more! 35 weeks to meet my GW of 145lbs at the rate of 2ibs a week its possible sooner than later yay!
  • thabersham1
    thabersham1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hovering between 220-250 throughout my 20s, and between 250-280 30-35, I’ve hit an all new high which is an all over time low for me. 310.6.

I have my 20 year high school reunion in 1 year. Gonna try to get to 250 by then. It’s about the equivalent of 1 lbs per week til then. Wish me luck.

I just wanted to drop by and give you some encouragement. At 24 years old, I was 320 pounds. I was extremely depressed and had given up on a lifestyle change. But after getting annihilated by my doctor in April of 2014, the light bulb went off, and I hired a nutritionist. Not saying that's what you need to do, but with someone holding me accountable with my food choices, I was able to shed 100 pounds in 10 months. I said all this to say that you can do it! I know because I did it. Dig deep and find what motivates you most. Keep that in your back pocket and remember it on days that you feel you can't do it.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    All the best with your journey! With some hard work and dedication you'll smash your goal!
  • DarkTwain
    DarkTwain Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Been there. Here's to hitting your goal and then some!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    You can definitely achieve your goals if you work hard and be honest with yourself about what you are eating and how you're working out. The community here is very supportive. Work hard!
  • nicolerodriguez4411
    nicolerodriguez4411 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi :) I understand. I don't even own a scale... cause I am afraid of what it says. Last I checked was at the doctors and I was 310 lbs. At 5'11 I look like a mammoth. its nuts. I have never been this big before. even my foot size is larger. But TODAY, MY MOTIVATION IS TO FIT IN THE DANG ROLLER COASTER SEATS! I want to go to legoland with my son but I an dreading the fact that I know I am too big cause last year i wasn't able to go on most rides cause of my size. How embarrassing is it to get turned away from a theme park roller coaster cause you don't fit.... even in the modified seats.

we can do this. We have to be completely honest with what we are eating. and everyday I remind myself about 1 thing that would change if I lost weight. Today .. it is the option to ride any roller coaster I want because I am such a thrill junkie. Or not look at the weight limit if I wanted to swing on a swing with my littlest. youknow ... the little things :)