Need to bulk but reduce stomach size...is it possible?

Options
Hi everyone. I'm bulking (or at least trying to) at present. I have very slim arms and legs but my stomach always bloats by the end of the day due to the amount of food I'm eating! I can't afford to decrease my calories as I'm already underweight. So how do I control my stomach size without being in a calorie deficit? I don't think there's a way, is there? Thanks in advance

Replies

• elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    its pretty normal. i think you will even find a post online of fitness professionals etc demonstrating there end of day food babies. very normal.
  • samfaruqi
    samfaruqi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don’t think it’s possible to do both... you have to bulk and then cut. If you go half measures you get neither one or the other. If you don’t like the sight of a belly bulk and cut shorter periods. Like 6 weeks on and off, rather than the recommended min of 3 months.
  • j_bombz
    j_bombz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great question! I’m in the same boat, trying to add muscle weight as I am very thin at the moment but I too am finding I have a good baby at end of day. I think a lot of healthy foods cause gas build up and I’ve currently been eating kale and chickpeas as if there’s some worldwide shortage, lol.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    cattyw wrote: »
    I have very slim arms and legs but my stomach always bloats by the end of the day due to the amount of food I'm eating! I can't afford to decrease my calories as I'm already underweight.

Hi there! It sounds as if you're voicing something that is commonly observed by people in situations similar to yours.

You are probably experiencing the normal functioning of our stomach as food has to be digested and processed by our body. The fact that this happens on a predictable schedule is a good indication of normal function.

If you're inadvertently consuming something you're intolerant to, excess bloating may be the end result. This would be best diagnosed by a medical professional.

Otherwise @sardelsa 's ideas above are worth considering! Bulking on lower caloric density foods such as kale is bound to lead to having to eat too much volume: peanut butter would probably be easier to handle! :smile:

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    It's called a "food baby"...it's a normal part of consuming food throughout the day. The only way to not have a food baby is to not eat food...but that probably wouldn't be a good idea.
  • mikeedinburgh
    mikeedinburgh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you above maintenance and what form are these calories in?