What stops you from cheating?

Options

Replies

• glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Thinking about how long I'll need to work out to burn it off.
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I will fully buy something that is bad and I'll feel terrible and just throw it out. Yes it's a waste (of food and money) but I have gotten that close - where I'm holding the [fill in the blank] and then just have to throw it out.

Other times, taking one single bite will tie me over. I will log it and usually it's not that bad!
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    -Plan meals,
    -Bring a lunch box,
    -If I know I'm going out - plan venue ahead of time and research menu to pre-plan meal choices,
    -Always exercise,
    -If I know I'm going to go over cal limit, I do additional time in the gym in anticipation,
    -I usually try to keep about 200-300 cals free towards the end of the day INCASE I crave something that otherwise does not fit my macros.

Edit:
    Also, I think cheat days are stupid, I plan for stuff that is outside of my macros. And forget the word "wagon". Your body and your life should not be referred to as something this insignificant. Be real with yourself.
  • ReginaMarie7
    ReginaMarie7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is exactly how I am, that's why counting calories works well for me. It doesn't make anything "off limits" so to speak, it just forces you to balance your calories accordingly. If I'm craving something specific I see if it will fit in my limit, if it doesn't then I just don't eat it. Of course some things require much more will power than others. :)
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Nothing

I can make just about anything fit

:smokin:
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I dont consider anything cheating.. if it fits into my calories I can eat it..

what stops me from bindging is knowing how disappointed I will feel in myself afterwards.
  • SerenaBeans08
    SerenaBeans08 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I remember what I want to look like. That seems to help me think about what is really important.
  • TabithaRose87
    TabithaRose87 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i think about if its worth the calories/fat and think about if that food makes me feel bloated/lazy. and I put a picture in my head of how I want to look/feel and then decide if eating that will help me get there.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Nothing

I'm sure you can.
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think about all the fruits n veggies I spent money on going to waste in my fridge if I think about getting fast food/take out
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    nothing unfortunately
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Self loathing, pretty much ;) I think about how if I eat it, I'll feel fat. It won't change how I look, in itself, but it will completely change how I think I look. Instantly

This. And that glimpse of my fat self in a shop window just the other day--that gut has gotta go!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Nothing

I'm sure you can.

tumblr_lwuhjeD9i01qbbk61o1_400.gif
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I do not cheat because my wife would stab me in my sleep but if you are talking about food I think back to how
    I looked 25 lbs heavier and do not want to go back.
  • Michelle5014
    Options
    I have recently joined this MFP despite achieving an honours in Health and Nutrition this year. I find it really useful to see the balance of what I have eaten in figures, good or bad.

If you're ever going out, always try to fill at least half of your plate with vegetables, salad or similar. Don't ever neglect the carbs either as they are designed to maintain your energy levels and if available, go for a wholemeal, granary etc. It will last you a lot longer and limit the cravings.

The portion sizes of protein are usually double or three times higher than the 'eat well' plate recommends and that's my focus at the moment, to get back to about 4 oz maximum. No more 8oz/10oz burgers or roast meat massives for me.

If any of you have got a Wii Fit, I recommend the free step. 20 minutes a day, split it into 2 x 10 minutes if you like, means a glass of wine to me and you can watch TV at the same time. Exercise is key to maintaining weight loss, along side the correct calorie intake.

Good luck everyone.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I make things that I crave at home, so I can control sugar, salt, what kind of flour, etc. Then I never make a ravenous run into a pastry shop. I also agree with the planning, oh and if something comes up that I simply MUST have (I'm talking to you top shelf margarita) then I have it. Life is short.
  • IamDIVAlicious
    Options
    That's the same thing that stops me (most times)...thinking about how hard it's going to be to work off the calories. However, I indulge on occasion because you can't always deny yourself.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Nothing

I'm sure you can.

hah
  • IamDIVAlicious
    Options
    I make things that I crave at home, so I can control sugar, salt, what kind of flour, etc. Then I never make a ravenous run into a pastry shop. I also agree with the planning, oh and if something comes up that I simply MUST have (I'm talking to you top shelf margarita) then I have it. Life is short.

Hahahahahahaha @ "top shelf margarita..." Guilty.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I'm not strict that way. If I want a muffin for breakfast, I'll have a muffin. In the case of a bakery muffin, it is big enough to share (or have 2 mornings in a row yourself) so I'd eat half with an almond milk latte and give my daughter the other half with milk. Then I'd log it and make sure that the rest of my day let me be under my goal. A salad for lunch would most likely cover it.