Retired Ladies & Gents, 60+ age group

Options
Looking to connect with other persons who are retired, semi retired or even just thinking about retiring! You are 60+ and want to be healthy, active, and enjoy your retirement yrs. I retired last September 2018. I have steadily put on weight because I am not as active as I was (nursing). When I went on a trip to Tennessee this past spring I had a really hard time keeping up! PLEASE lets support and help each other.

Replies

• TedC111
    TedC111 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy to see an age group for us!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I retired in March of 2019. I put on 8 lbs. in 8 weeks and had to buy NEW fat pants. YIKES! Now I walk for an hour in the morning, plus do yard work or swim or go to the gym or golf nearly every day. I've dropped the 8 lbs. and another 10 besides. Staying out of the kitchen and not snacking between meals helps, too!
  • imnotaherbert
    imnotaherbert Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me too the boat!
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,337 Member
    Options
    Nice to see this forum. I'm Marilyn. I'm 66. I'm not considering retirement.......just yet!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,242 Member
    Options
    I'm 63, and have been retired for quite a while. (After I got stage III breast cancer at age 44, I decided to retire as soon as practical, because it would really tick me off if I got metastatic breast cancer and died before I could enjoy some retirement . . . obviously, that worked out OK after all, so far. ;) ).

I was obese for most of my adult life, including in the early years of retirement. Back in 2015, I used MFP to lose about 50 pounds, and have maintained a healthy weight using MFP since then. It can work at any age! :)
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Pamdar67, I’ve been retired for at least 10 years and I know that it is difficult to get yourself up and moving. And it gets harder the longer you wait to start moving. I joined a Silver Sneakers program for awhile which helped motivate me. I try to make sure I walk 4-5 days a week and today I pulled out my 2lb dumb bells. It’s been several months since I’ve done anything but walking, but I know it will all help once I get a good routine going.
  • Pamdar67
    Pamdar67 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to all, I restarted my program to get fit and healthy and lose weight again last monday. I have logged all my food items, and did exercise 1 time. Going to shoot for 3 times this week. I lose 2 pounds in 1 week! I enjoy all of your posts and the help to keep me motivated! Thanks