Flipping grapefruit

2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,956 Member
    edited August 2019
    Cut it in half and roast it. Amazing flavor

If you like things spicy, try adding a Jamaican-style hot sauce (with allspice, nutmeg and such) to that: Fabulous with grapefruit.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Grapefruit gets cut in half and eaten with grapefruit spoon in my house. I love grapefruit, that spoon lets you scoop every last bit of flesh and juice very easy and quick. No hassle. I love all citrus fruit, but didn't like pomelo, i thought it was too inferior to grapefruit, too thick of a skin, barely any glesh inside and not nearly as flavorful. Maybe it wasn't the best specimen?
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,067 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Neither grapefruits nor the grapefruit diet do anything special for weight loss.

true - but they taste great :)

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2019
    It may be heresy, but I like the pink grapefruit sections in a big jar. Del Monte. Unfortunately 90 calories per cup.

I love it, too. I buy the individual servings. 190ml, lightly sweetened. 90 cals of sheer deliciousness without all the fuss!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    It may be heresy, but I like the pink grapefruit sections in a big jar. Del Monte. Unfortunately 90 calories per cup.

I love it, too. I buy the individual servings. 190ml, lightly sweetened. 90 cals of sheer deliciousness without all the fuss!

Ya, my OH likes the Del Monte Citrus Salad. Lightly sweetened - the sugar boosts the calories to 70 per half cup.