i'm back and ready at 62 :)

Options
62 year old female here, 5' 3", 179 pounds. i play the bass, i'm a vegetarian and while i love to work out, i have several injuries and weak areas i have to be careful of, which drives me crazy. but i'm finding options - in fact, i found one this morning :)

after dropping from 242 to 181 doing food substitutions - light ice cream instead of full fat ice cream, light cheese, egg white omelettes instead of whole eggs - i did the MFP thing a few years ago, reached my goal weight, but when life intruded - family health issue that took all our time and energy and mental clarity - i went back to the same 181 i was at when i started MFP.

so now things have simplified and i'm ready to enjoy what workouts i can, build some muscle (i'm so weak now it's bizarre!), feel better and get down to 145 pounds. yes, that's heavy for my height but i hope to build a lot of muscle and see how it goes. when i was 40, i weighed 135, but after years of lifting, i was pretty built. and i could move my 135 pound bass stack, not to mention all sorts of other things.

btw, i love to walk. got ankle and knee problems, so taking it easy, but i'm walking again and even with slower speeds and no significant hills, i think walking is great!

i'm ready to make a few MFP friends who have similar interests to me or who just want to enjoy life, like to walk and aren't worried about losing every single possible pound as much as they want to work out for fun or strength :) if you're looking forward to the journey, let's talk!